What's the best thing you've done for yourself lately?

I'm new, so excuse me if in any way inappropriate.

About a month ago, I fasted for 5 days, (for the 1st time in my life). I lost about 14 pounds, coming back into a "normal" BMI. My joints in my feet are ever so grateful & my friends say I look younger, and I do feel a little better generally :) .

Just like to say that although our common enemy can be so overwhelming at times, I've discovered, that I mustn't let it become a sort of excuse or get out for not trying to make the best of life in every way, including taking responsibility for a "healthier" way of life.

My favourite place to be at the end of the day is my bed cause I have the softest, velvet like blankets and squishy pillows. When my skin is flaring those blankets feel like heaven and when my back is killing I turn up my giant heating pad. After everyone is in bed and the house is quiet my kitty and I snuggle up and watch reruns of the Gilmore Girls. I tell kitty all about my aches and pains and I swear she understands me. She is a devon rex and has the cutest face ever! Seems simple but it leaves me relaxed:)

I went and got a manicure today and met up with a dear friend for a chat.

I’ve just spent 2 days in the beautiful Cathedral city of Chichester :slight_smile: Our hotel was in the centre of the city so it was a small wander to the Cathedral and its gardens…spent both days sitting in the April sunshine people watching, taking in the Cathedral , resting in cafes while my other half was working. Cosy evenings together…simply lovely:)

i took up traditional wet shaving, with brush and lather and old gillette safety razors. the great skincare and smells from the high quality creams are like a spa day everytime i shave. not to mention i get such a better and closer shave than with cartridges.

Going on a mini road trip with my good friend to pick up my new chinchilla babies today. I am very excited and think I deserve this treat!

Thinking about a hot tub...

Chinchillas! That is seriously therapeutic. They are just so ridiculously soft. Enjoy! And post pics.

GrumpyCat said:

Going on a mini road trip with my good friend to pick up my new chinchilla babies today. I am very excited and think I deserve this treat!

I ended up with FOUR of the cutest little girls! Their names are Persephone, Phoebe, Athena, and Isis. I got one white, a standard grey, a medium/ dark ebony and a very dark ebony. Oh, they are so adorable! I will take some pics later on and post them. I’m so excited!

Stoney said:

Chinchillas! That is seriously therapeutic. They are just so ridiculously soft. Enjoy! And post pics.

GrumpyCat said:

Something about the kitties really makes me feel better. It’s my go to treatment when everything else fails!

Toriop said:

I just love the kitty’s. I have a lovely Birman male cat, he is very snuggly and the pets certainly help.

GrumpyCat said:

Oh, Marietta!
You just made my day! That was too funny :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I don’t usually let myself nap. I’m just like a difficult toddler; if you let me nap, I won’t go to sleep at night! However, today was really cold and gloomy and I just wanted to snuggle up in my nice warm bed. I decided to cut myself some slack, for once, and I got out my snuggliest jammies, my fuzzy socks and crawled into bed. My kitty kitties curled right up next to me and purred me away into dreamland. It felt so good just to let myself rest. Plus, when I feel bad, the kitty, kitties know it and get a little protective of me. It makes me feel good when they do that.

Its so funny that this was my treat to myself. I have become such a fuddy duddy!

I love chinchillas! We looked into getting one years ago. Enjoy!! They are seriously adorable, and I love the names.

GrumpyCat said:

I ended up with FOUR of the cutest little girls! Their names are Persephone, Phoebe, Athena, and Isis. I got one white, a standard grey, a medium/ dark ebony and a very dark ebony. Oh, they are so adorable! I will take some pics later on and post them. I'm so excited!

As silly as this May sound but by one for me thing that I cherish is a pedicure. My ankles and feet are effected pretty bad by my Psa and the massage and warm water that comes with it is my little slice of heaven some times. If I could go every day I would lol