What's the best thing you've done for yourself lately?

I LOVE to go grocery shopping... lol... especially when the cupboards are gettin' kinda bare. My kids love it when I do the shopping but my wife doesn't like it so much when I go shopping when I'm HUNGRY! lol

Well... I'm hungry and headin' to Walmart once I drive my daughters friend home...

I hear you when you say it's good to be out of the house... I'm OUTTA HERE!

Chris :0)

Tammy Sue said:

I start to make myself a quilt (first attempt). I am really enjoying it and look forward to making one for my girls and grandson! Oh and I actually went out yesterday for a couple of hours to a friends wedding reception. Although I was uncomfortable, it felt good to be out of the house, I only get out for grocery shopping WoooHooo! LOL!

Opened a beer. :)

I love the "daily energy allotment" idea to do something attainable and rewarding. Sometimes I worry so much about getting it all done and get disappointed with myself when I can't. I love your attitude!! I am going to post that somewhere I see it everyday to remind me that I don't have to do it all, just do the things I really want to!!

Your post made my day! Thanks!

Chris McInerney said:

Today I decided to say "YES" more often.

My daughter just called from a friends house that she stayed at last night asking if I could drive another friend home ( 2 hour round trip). Heck... it's just a lil driving. I can manage that today...

I find that I'm better off using my "daily energy allotment" to do things that even though difficult, are attainable and rewarding. Whether it's cooking a nice meal for my family or showing my son how to throw an alternator in his van... i push through it. I just need to be smart about it listen to my body. I'm not always successful but whether i'm sitting on my butt or working on a project I'm sore so there's not much of a difference.... except I feel better mentally for at least having tried...

There's only so much I can do, but I'm doing what I can!

Thanks for the topic... it's nice to break from the doom and gloom and see the light shining through the tunnel of PsA.

Chris

I made an impromptu reservation to go visit my super wonderful mom for 8 days. That s all the therapy I really need!

Retreating to the Tempurpedic mattress with Netflix, a heating pad, a bottomless cup of tea and a GIANT bag of Cadbury's Mini Eggs (not Creme Eggs--there's a BIG difference to a woman in need of chocolate).

You are so right about the eggs! I had forgotten about them until you mentioned them! And this is the time of year when Cadbury really puts out! Welcome back Jane, I have missed you.

I had my annual mammogram today (only six months tardy this time!) and went to the pool today and did my stretches as taught to me by PT. It felt great. I only went twice a month both Jan and Feb :-( Then had a massage :-) My left ankle made the most horrible cracking snapping sound and my poor masseur jumped a foot! He thought he had broken my ankle! My ankle is fine, doesn't even hurt. But it has great range of motion now! Too funny!

I am going to get back in the swing of it but need to build up my tolerance after a long cold winter. I will resume exercising 2-3 times a week and getting a massage once a week, if my masseur has not quit!

I also walked around a garden center just to see the little green things. I am still under a foot of snow here in Vermont but I can smell spring in the air! It felt so good to spend a day taking care of myself and getting back on the right track. Now about my diet........

Nap

I bought new strings for my guitar and a little tool to help me out with that. Despite the trouble with my hand and PsA, I've decided to try and start playing again. It's been really tough though. I need to find songs that have cords that are easier for me to play. My fingers can't move and stretch like they used to.

I'm always looking for cheap ways to treat myself. The day to day grind is difficult most days.

I got a haircut :). It's nice and short now, so easy to take care of, but also so cute! I splurged and went to a really nice salon where they give you a coffee or tea and do a little head massage, it was lovely <3.

I also went and got a hair cut!

Wow, everyone is getting hair cuts! I went to Arkansas to visit my Momma for a week, and kept my phone on vibrate and my hands off of the iPad (most of the time, anyway). We picked flowers, made jewelry, sanded a junk store find, ate too much ice cream (dairy is so not on my diet), bought baby stuff for my new niece, and bought shoes. Oh. AND I got a haircut! It’s super short and I lurve it! But, since Emma mentioned it, a hair washing sounds really good. I think I’ll pencil that in for tomorrow.

I so love snuggling with my furry ones. I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. So yes, I am the crazy pet person!

GrumpyCat said:

Oh, Marietta!
You just made my day! That was too funny :-P

So, I don't usually let myself nap. I'm just like a difficult toddler; if you let me nap, I won't go to sleep at night! However, today was really cold and gloomy and I just wanted to snuggle up in my nice warm bed. I decided to cut myself some slack, for once, and I got out my snuggliest jammies, my fuzzy socks and crawled into bed. My kitty kitties curled right up next to me and purred me away into dreamland. It felt so good just to let myself rest. Plus, when I feel bad, the kitty, kitties know it and get a little protective of me. It makes me feel good when they do that.

Its so funny that this was my treat to myself. I have become such a fuddy duddy!

Oh, I so love those!

tkrlady said:

Just had another surgery, and got my best pain pills...Lindt chocolate truffles..Target has a assorted bag, 6 kinds of flavors!

2-3 a day, is best post operative med they make

Oh I am so looking forward to the day I can hold my boys and do the same!

Louise Hoy said:

:) Today I took my friends first grandson who's (2 weeks old today) and introduced him to her garden.......we walked in the sunshine, he in my arms. We smelt the herbs. I sang to him as I breathed in that new baby smell.......happy day

You go girl, have a great time!

GrumpyCat said:

I made an impromptu reservation to go visit my super wonderful mom for 8 days. That s all the therapy I really need!

My most recent best day was last Saturday. I had an early morning - are you ready for this - haircut, but I also got a color too, then went to see Deb and the boys, then had a mani, pedi and a message and then hubby took me out for dinner, oh and I even had a glass of wine. It was a wonderful day! I would like another tomorrow please!

Oh my! What a treat day for you! That would be an ideal day for me, relaxation and family :slight_smile:

MAT said:

My most recent best day was last Saturday. I had an early morning - are you ready for this - haircut, but I also got a color too, then went to see Deb and the boys, then had a mani, pedi and a message and then hubby took me out for dinner, oh and I even had a glass of wine. It was a wonderful day! I would like another tomorrow please!

It’s been several months ago but I stopped smoking and started vaping. It’s so much better for you. No tar, no smoke, no SMELL, no coughing , no carsanoginics (? Sp) ! Just good oil’ nicotine! I know, it’s not perfect but it’s better. Much cheaper too! Oh and no weight gain either! I don’t sell the stuff or anything like that but would be glad to help anyone get started. I have the advice and online sites I can tell you about.

I get a manicure and pedicure every week. Best $35 I spend. I have so much damage in my toes, and nerve damage under the balls of my feet, that soaking in that hot water and the foot massage, cuts the pain by about 60%. (The manicure is just a perk).

I also have a hot wax machine that I coat my feet in during the winter - it gets the warmth WAY into the bones. If I don't have enough energy to do that I soak a washcloth in HOT water and wrap it around my toes. Ahhhh

After that, curling up with a good murder mystery on my Kindle, which is SO helpful to my sore fingers after working on the computer all day, with ice packs on my neck and shouders, is just heaven.

I just love the kitty's. I have a lovely Birman male cat, he is very snuggly and the pets certainly help.

GrumpyCat said:

Oh, Marietta!
You just made my day! That was too funny :-P

So, I don't usually let myself nap. I'm just like a difficult toddler; if you let me nap, I won't go to sleep at night! However, today was really cold and gloomy and I just wanted to snuggle up in my nice warm bed. I decided to cut myself some slack, for once, and I got out my snuggliest jammies, my fuzzy socks and crawled into bed. My kitty kitties curled right up next to me and purred me away into dreamland. It felt so good just to let myself rest. Plus, when I feel bad, the kitty, kitties know it and get a little protective of me. It makes me feel good when they do that.

Its so funny that this was my treat to myself. I have become such a fuddy duddy!