Helping Myself

I have decided to take matters into my own hands and to do the right thing for me. A few weeks ago I went to my aunts gym with my two sisters, I only went orginally for the social aspect but once there decided to try a few of the exercise tables and machines and to my utter amazement I enjoyed it. I have been going about 3-4 times a week, usually after I have worked a 8-9 hour shift. The thing is, I am not as tired as I used to be after work and my mobility has greatly improved. I still have alot of pain but am so used to it, I dont let it stop me from living my life. I am working hard not to wallow on how bad things are but to see how good things can be for me as well, I recently walked about 2km with some incline, I don't remember the last time I walked that far and wow it felt great. I even noticed yesterday that upon going down the stairs, I alternated my feet on the way down instead of one foot one foot. lol it felt so amazing that I went back up the stairs just so I could walk back down them again. I realized that regardless of what I do or dont do, I am going to have pain, so why not just live my life and enjoy every second of it. My pity trip is over and am glad to have taken control not only of my life but also my PsA and the management of it.

Good for you! Exercise can really help with fatigue and keeping moving is good.

Yes.. that is sooo true.... I force myself to do different things.. even when I am fatigued... and when i tough it through - it pays off....

Just tell ourselves... keep moving on.. lol

take care...

karen

Good for you, Easternlady! Glad to hear your good news. Have you started on Enbrel yet?