What's the best thing you've done for yourself lately?

Is there something special you did to treat yourself or make yourself feel better? We'd love to hear about it.

I've always been a huge pet person. At this point in my disease, I am unable to get another dog, another cat, etc. I have (in the past 2 weeks) been making a positive transition to learning about growing orchids....something I can do inside with my limited energy, but still complex and interesting. I bought 2 orchids, and a few other houseplants.

As I have a black thumb, I'm waiting to see which one dies first LOL! But it is something nice I'm transitioning into.

Oh, Marietta!
You just made my day! That was too funny :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I don’t usually let myself nap. I’m just like a difficult toddler; if you let me nap, I won’t go to sleep at night! However, today was really cold and gloomy and I just wanted to snuggle up in my nice warm bed. I decided to cut myself some slack, for once, and I got out my snuggliest jammies, my fuzzy socks and crawled into bed. My kitty kitties curled right up next to me and purred me away into dreamland. It felt so good just to let myself rest. Plus, when I feel bad, the kitty, kitties know it and get a little protective of me. It makes me feel good when they do that.

Its so funny that this was my treat to myself. I have become such a fuddy duddy!

My day off and treated myself to a manicure, pedicure, playtime with my grandson and most of all made time for myself to work out. It was a good day

I recently did a painting workshop. Spent the day learning from a local artist. No kids, no chores just art. Was lovely.

Just had another surgery, and got my best pain pills...Lindt chocolate truffles..Target has a assorted bag, 6 kinds of flavors!

2-3 a day, is best post operative med they make

I splurged and bought myself a new kayak. My old one is ten years old, and it was time!!! Can't wait for summer!!!!

I did my walking and excersising in the heated pool and a massage today. I am a new person, almost!

That’s an awesome treat! I want one :stuck_out_tongue:

PinkCamoChick said:

I splurged and bought myself a new kayak. My old one is ten years old, and it was time!!! Can't wait for summer!!!!

:) Makes me long for summer! We just got a foot and a half of new snow here in Northern Maine, so it's not right around the corner, but it's coming!!!!!

GrumpyCat said:

That's an awesome treat! I want one :-P

PinkCamoChick said:

I just got off of 12 hours of flights and airports. Home again. My treat? my heated throw on my legs, heating pad on my shoulders, and a peanut butter smoothie (soy milk, molasses, and banana included). And of course, surfing the discussion boards again after my trip!

Two of my very favorite things to do are watching DVDs of Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple!! Both of these are Agatha Christie's slueth characters and I LOVE them!! Fun, fun, fun!! :-) I have several of the DVD sets and it brings me hours of enjoyment and distraction from pain, discomfort, etc! Yippy!

Now that's what I call splurging!!! AWESOME!!! Yeah, this beats my Hercule Poiroit and Miss Marple!! :-) Tee Hee!

PinkCamoChick said:

I try to do something 'just for me' everyday.......Today I found a playlist of indie/folk rock bands that I've not heard before and lay on the sofa for the last couple of hours, eyes shut, smile on my face, cats at my feet..........bliss :)

I spend my summers in a kayak, and my 10 year old kayak needed retirin'.... :) Now if the multi-feet of snow would melt and summer would get here! And those DVD's sound great! I've read Agatha Christie books, but I had no idea they had put any of them on film!

:) Today I took my friends first grandson who's (2 weeks old today) and introduced him to her garden.......we walked in the sunshine, he in my arms. We smelt the herbs. I sang to him as I breathed in that new baby smell.......happy day

Last Saturday I felt well enough to walk around town window shopping for the first time since before Christmas. I did treat myself to a Pandora ring, it was a MUST HAVE and I couldn’t go home without it :wink: good job I haven’t been able to get out for serious retail therapy for 2 1/2 months or I couldn’t have afforded it LOL

Oh that smoothie sounds so good! I am going to have to try it!

Piganli said:

I just got off of 12 hours of flights and airports. Home again. My treat? my heated throw on my legs, heating pad on my shoulders, and a peanut butter smoothie (soy milk, molasses, and banana included). And of course, surfing the discussion boards again after my trip!

I start to make myself a quilt (first attempt). I am really enjoying it and look forward to making one for my girls and grandson! Oh and I actually went out yesterday for a couple of hours to a friends wedding reception. Although I was uncomfortable, it felt good to be out of the house, I only get out for grocery shopping WoooHooo! LOL!

Today I decided to say "YES" more often.

My daughter just called from a friends house that she stayed at last night asking if I could drive another friend home ( 2 hour round trip). Heck... it's just a lil driving. I can manage that today...

I find that I'm better off using my "daily energy allotment" to do things that even though difficult, are attainable and rewarding. Whether it's cooking a nice meal for my family or showing my son how to throw an alternator in his van... i push through it. I just need to be smart about it listen to my body. I'm not always successful but whether i'm sitting on my butt or working on a project I'm sore so there's not much of a difference.... except I feel better mentally for at least having tried...

There's only so much I can do, but I'm doing what I can!

Thanks for the topic... it's nice to break from the doom and gloom and see the light shining through the tunnel of PsA.

Chris