Thank you so much for everyone's thoughts and prayers

I had my surgery on Friday, it has actually gone very well. A little different than what I thought I was going in for. They ended up not removing the cyst, it was the least of my problems. My neurologist decided it was actually not a problem at all. His concern was how much my spine had declined since my last mri in June to the one they ran 2 weeks ago. His statement to my mom and husband was that I am in for a really bad time, this disease is slowly destroying my back .Not really what I wanted to hear. However, I am going to move forward and make it better!

So nice to hear from you, MAT, and to hear that you are recovering. Sorry that you are in for a battle with our shared enemy. Chin up, and look forward to better days!
Keep in touch!

MAT, sorry your back is taking a beating from the PSA. Glad you’re well enough to post updates, though!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. And your attitude is excellent. You'll be able to deal with whatever comes your way.

Good luck on your journey to recovery.

Continued prayers for an easy and quick recovery and only good things for your back! It sounds like you're moving forward with necessary treatment that will help you a great deal in the long run.

Mat, so glad the surgery went well and I'm sorry you're having to deal with back issues. We are all here for you ! Reach out anytime.

Frances

Wanted to let you guys know I am really feeling so much better! It's been a little tough with some of the pain but I am recovering nicely! Back is feeling good, some of the feeling is coming back in my left leg - which I sometimes have extreme pain in but that too is getting better. Even though I am only allowed to go from the bed to the couch to the bed (with pit stops to eat or go potty) things are looking up! I see the neurosurgeon on Tuesday and hopefully he will allow me to do more. I don't see my rheumy until February to get off the Humira and on to the next drug. I really didn't think about it but since I have been off metho and humira how much I really miss those drugs! Sigh, on to the next phase, whatever that will be.

Excellent! Glad to hear you’re doing well.

Thanks for keeping us updated. And glad you're doing well !

MAT said:

Wanted to let you guys know I am really feeling so much better! It's been a little tough with some of the pain but I am recovering nicely! Back is feeling good, some of the feeling is coming back in my left leg - which I sometimes have extreme pain in but that too is getting better. Even though I am only allowed to go from the bed to the couch to the bed (with pit stops to eat or go potty) things are looking up! I see the neurosurgeon on Tuesday and hopefully he will allow me to do more. I don't see my rheumy until February to get off the Humira and on to the next drug. I really didn't think about it but since I have been off metho and humira how much I really miss those drugs! Sigh, on to the next phase, whatever that will be.

Thinking of you Mat, good to hear you’re feeling more positive
sending you a hug { }