Hey peeps, long time no talk to

Sorry it has just been a crazy few months, work has been insane! Lots of travel, but I am home for a week before hubby and I head off to Scotland next Saturday. Oh and I am so exited about our trip, I can't wait! Things are good and bad. Thought things have been going so well but saw doc yesterday and she burst my bubble. Humira is not apparently working as well as I thought it was. Using it my hands are so much better but she said it's not. My back surgery is Dec 6th and she is going to take me off Humira in November and going to try something else in February when I can start again. I am so sad, thought it was all better but she said no. I hate this stupid disease, just when I thought it was better, slam it is not! I so hate to go off drugs because I have such a great response to them, I am going to hate to try something else. Thanks guys for letting me vent!

That sounds very frustrating. I am having my struggles with PsA also. I haven't found anything that works yet. I'm glad your doc is on top of things.

On the upside the trip sounds exciting. You have a lot to look forward to

Good news and bad news … the story of our lives, MAT! Great about your trip. Enjoy it! You’ll be in Scotland, and I’ll be in England at the same time. :slight_smile:
Interesting that the doc wasn’t as impressed with Humira as you are. The joint count?
Focus on the trip and the other good stuff (like your surgeon, wink wink)and just bite that bullet when the time comes. Fingers crossed for you!

48 hours to go, getting so excited! I hope you have a wonderful vacation in England - I loved it there! We'll have to share stories when we get back from our trips! Safe travels and hopes for a psa free vacation!

Seenie said:

Good news and bad news ... the story of our lives, MAT! Great about your trip. Enjoy it! You'll be in Scotland, and I'll be in England at the same time. :-)
Interesting that the doc wasn't as impressed with Humira as you are. The joint count?
Focus on the trip and the other good stuff (like your surgeon, wink wink)and just bite that bullet when the time comes. Fingers crossed for you!

Bon voyage, MAT. Take the high road (if you don’t know that song then this makes no sense!!!) Enjoy your trip and deal with the real world when you get back.