Sick and scared

Hello all.

I have had a horrible cold for about a week now and it's starting to scare me. I'm currently taking Methorexate and Humira, both of which I know suppress my immune system. I had gone to urgent care and the doc said that I have bronchitis and early signs of pneumonia. He put me on antibiotics, which means that I'm not able to take my next Humira injection (this coming Sunday). But that's not the main reason I'm scared. With this cold, I have lost 11 lbs in 7 days. I have been eating regularly every day. I NEVER lose weight that fast and I'm starting to look sickly because of it. Also, every muscle in my body is weak and many of my joints hurt. Has anyone ever had this happen when they have a cold? My rheumy doesn't seem to be that concerned. And I'm also wondering if anyone has had to skip a Humira injection and what their experience was with that. I'm sure I have nothing to worry about, but this is my first cold with a suppressed immune system and I can't help but be scared.

Thanks!

When I took Humira ,which I did for 7 years I remember being worried about missing an injection when I had any infection. I remember being relieved when nothing amiss happened , no sudden reemergence of symptoms , and to be honest, the cold or flu was no worse than before humira. Maybe it is worth taking a RDA of vit C or echinacea - I think I was always careful to do that - and maybe supplement with Zinc and magnesium .

over the 7 years I skipped an injection at least once or twice a year due to sore throat or viral infection of some kind . I personally can only remember the muscle ache with flu symptoms but as there are some odd viruses around which seem to have an unusual range of symptoms nowadays maybe that is adding to the aching feeling. Your blood tests will show if there are any problems - hope the antibiotics work quickly for you- All the best Melanie

wishing you well and that the antibiotics work well for you.

Thanks melaniej!