More symptoms

I am really feeling useless, it is now snowing and it’s hard for me to even shovel the walkway, I can not believe that just last year I was fine. I am on methotrexate but it seems that every week I notice something else wrong. My left arm now feels like my right, my neck is starting to hurt now, along with my left wrist. I am really getting worried about this.

I understand what you mean. For me it seems that joints/tendons get more sensitive to change in cold temps. I was diagnosed back in 9/2012. Maybe I'm more aware of things now that I know it's just not age creeping up on me. I'm not looking forward to cleaning the driveway after work today. Monday looks to be enjoyable: High about -15F. Blech......

A lot of us feel more aches and pains when it’s cold.
Remind me – I forget. How long have you been on MTX?

This Saturday the 4th will be 4 weeks.

Seenie said:

A lot of us feel more aches and pains when it’s cold.
Remind me – I forget. How long have you been on MTX?

Early days, then. Very few people notice improvement before a couple of months have passed. Hang in there, Hope!

Hope, I'm sorry things are so difficult right now. I know I've gone through this type of stage also with my PsA. It gets really scary not knowing when things will settle down. Give the meds more time to kick in. Mtx for 4 weeks isn't long.

If you have concerns, don't hesitate to bug you rheumy, I found the more I did that, the more he realized things were not going well. I guess it really gets the point across.

Some advice, even if you feel ok, don't push it. The pain will come later and then you'll regret it. Do you have a neighbor or someone that can help you with the snow ?

Hang on. It will get better.

Hugs! It's difficult to wait for meds to take effect while you're going downhill. I'd suggest giving the mtx a few more weeks, calling your doctor if you're overly concerned, and be gentle with yourself.

One of the things I found surprising was that when the meds started to have an effect, I felt WORSE for a while - my inflammation was going down, and my body was becoming more unstable as a result. I swear the inflammation was the only thing keeping me upright! LOL With increased range of motion came weird muscle, ligament, and tendon stuff as my body got used to being able to move again.

My husband plows for the town so he’s usually off doing that so I like to keep up with the snow so he can come home to a cleared out driveway although he can always plow it. My drive way is really long and it is a slight hill. Our neighbors are all spread out, you can’t even see their houses, I live way in the woods, we just moved here so we really don’t know them. I know all about feeling good and then over doing it with a ton of pain later on.

Dini said:

Hope, I’m sorry things are so difficult right now. I know I’ve gone through this type of stage also with my PsA. It gets really scary not knowing when things will settle down. Give the meds more time to kick in. Mtx for 4 weeks isn’t long.

If you have concerns, don’t hesitate to bug you rheumy, I found the more I did that, the more he realized things were not going well. I guess it really gets the point across.

Some advice, even if you feel ok, don’t push it. The pain will come later and then you’ll regret it. Do you have a neighbor or someone that can help you with the snow ?

Hang on. It will get better.