It's raining today - and I am enjoying it for the first time in a long time

Usually when I wake to the sound of rain I want to crawl back under my pillow. The idea of having to get out of bed, try and stand, and pray that my hands will work, all while calculating how many steps is needed to get to the bottle of Tramadol was draining. Not today. Today is another good day - another day with so limited pain I count it as a 0. I am completely taking advantage and “living large” these days. The Otezla is providing relief and letting me live for a bit, for which I am truly grateful. Who knows how long this will last? Today I don’t care. Today I stayed in bed not because I couldn’t get out but because for the last few years I forgot how beautiful it is to just sit and listen to the rain. I thank God for this reprieve - however long or short it may be. I needed this “re-boot” of my life to put it all in perspective.

Which made me think of all of you here - and how lucky we are to have each other. Strangers made brothers and sisters in battle. I may not post as much as I should, but I do come here often. So a note of thanks this day to those of you whose words helped me get out of bed on the bad rainy days, and some encouragement to others to look beyond the rain sometimes.

That is music to my ears!!! (And, don’t worry about not posting enough–I post enough for 2 or more people hehe). Have a beautiful rainy day !!!

What a beautifully reflective post Candi, thanks so much for making it, it helped inspire me to think about what I am thankful for today :slight_smile: