Is this normal with Uveitis?

I have my first bout with uveitis and have been on steroid drops since Saturday night and atropine drops since yesterday afternoon. When I woke up this morning, my eye looked and felt worse than it did yesterday morning. Then, I had about 3 hours this afternoon of very little pain and swelling and my eye was barely even pink. In the last hour, my cheekbone and eye are starting to swell again, the pain is returning and my eye is quite red. I would think that it should get better and not backslide like this. Does anyone have experience with it getting better and then worse?

I see an ophthamologist tomorrow.

Miz Que

Well what did the ophthalmologist have to say? Its pretty rare that a regular ER has the slit lamp and dyes (let alonre the ability to use them) so as to accurately diagnose Uveitis.

The ER had both a slit lamp and a gadget to check my eye pressure and they did a great job using them. The ophthalmologist confirmed the uveitis this morning and the only thing he did differently was to increase my steroid and atropine dosages. I am thinking that should keep my inflammation under better control.

Miz Que

Yeah it should, what kind of uveitis was it???

Believe it or not I usually end up at walmart or Costco if this stuff blows up on the weekend.......

It is Anterior Uveitis and it's quite painful. I was always thankful that I didn't suffer from it. Hopefully, it will be my last bout with it. I go back to the ophthalmologist next week to start the taper if everything looks good. I have been seeing the same optometrist for 28 years (since I was 15) and I hate that I now have to start seeing someone else. I was begging him to let me come in today to check the pressure in my eye, but he wouldn't do it (understandably).

I didn't think about Walmart or Costco. It would have been a lot less expensive I am sure! I will do that if there is a next time.

Miz Que