Fever with PsA?

I’ve actually read that it might be petachiae. Not sure what would cause it but I’ll be letting my doctor know.

1 Like

Yes please, do call the doc ASAP if you haven’t already, and let us know how you are going :grinning:

2 Likes

I am so glad you are ok and can write about this. In Memphis the turn around for test results runs any where from 10-21 days. Glad to hear you got your results in a timely matter. But question… how did you qualify for an antibody test with a negative swab. Here we could not get the test?

1 Like

The University here has rapid test capabilities. We also have a large NIH Lab nearby that is doing development testing for a number of COVID-19 projects. One of the projects is antibody development. I fit the Cohort definition. Oh and we are a licensed Foster home taking in Kiddos

3 Likes

Gotcha
Question do people like us with this disease produce Tcells to fight off viruses. Have you read about the study about T cells. In layman term what does this all mean.

One way to look at it @Rebel_mom, how many viral illnesses have you had since diagnosis? There are a lot of viruses out there and you don’t seem to be a hermit …

Well the reason we have PsA is due to our T-cells getting in a pickle really. We all have to produce T-cells as otherwise we wouldn’t be alive at all. So we’re always producing T-cells, every human is. All the biologics we’re described target a teeny bit of our T-cells. I’m not sure which T-cell study you’re referring to though. It’s clear Covid 19 can cause an autoimmune storm in some patients and it’s clear our type of meds are helping those patients with that symptom of Covid 19 quite substantially.

I don’t catch viruses either before being medicated for PsA and certainly since as in the common cold, sore throats, chest infections etc. I don’t get sick like that often. Never have since I got my tonsils removed aged 33.

I’m firmly of the view taking my PsA meds puts me in a far better place Covid 19 wise since those meds make my immune system behave more normally. Consequently I’m facing it more like a normal person.

1 Like