Feeling hot, sweating a side effect or part of PsA?

Anyone else have waves where you get hot and sweaty at random times? And your body temp is just higher than normal.im on Remicade now, but have been on Humira, Methotrexate & other drugs to try to find one that works. Or is it a symptom of PsA in general? I’m new to this so trying to figure out because the high heat in my body is annoying! Thanks.

I agree with Sybil, it could be your thyroid! I have autoimmune thyroiditis. My thyroid used to be hyper, I would get waves of intense heat and would have to take off layers of clothes. Now my thyroid is hypo, and yea, I’m lucky enough to still sweat.
Getting your thyroid tested is pretty easy. Ask to have your T3 and T4 levels checked along with your TSH if it’s at all possible, it wouldn’t hurt :slight_smile:

I've always run a bit on the hot side and then when I hit the peri-menopause/menopause it got alot worse. Also discovered that it was being exacerbated by one of the blood pressure medications I was on and as soon as that was stopped the sudden flushing did improve. I do still get very sweaty, especially along my hairline, when I take any exercise. Never thought it could be connected to the PsA but I figure if there is alot of inflammation going on that will be generating body heat so it might be related.

I get night sweats, including a raised temperature - though I also have a mild bowel inflammatory condition which may also be associated with it. When the disease is under control, no night sweats or temperatures.

I’ve also read it happens to people with rheumatoid.

I get frustrated with the waves of flushes that wash over me, the worst are at work, after eating and at night but they have been amplified when I hit my 50s so I’m guessing mine are more to do with my age.

yep Sybil, think its a case of us hysterical women “imagining” symptoms…50 years on from the thalidomide scandal and nothing has changed attitudes much. Obviously we gat more hysterical with age lol :wink:

sybil said:

As the menopause only happens to over 50% of the population, nobody seems to know a damn thing about it. I blame the institutionalised ignorance for why I thought my PsA symptoms were mainly due to the menopause. I’d imagine that chronic disease + menopause = something pretty horrible really. But ‘the menopause effect’ never seems to get researched & doctors treat menopause like a symptoms’ dustbin. I feel better now I’ve said all that!

Louise Hoy said:

I get frustrated with the waves of flushes that wash over me, the worst are at work, after eating and at night but they have been amplified when I hit my 50s so I’m guessing mine are more to do with my age.

It could be a linear combination of disease and drug. I have noticed that flushing is normal after a biologic injections. This has also occurred with MTX. For me it seems to go away after a few days…

I get really hot, feverish and then chilly and get a bad stomach ache before a flare up.

I’ve been having these hot flashes for the past few years. Before I was on any meds. I wonder if it is a PsA symptom. I’m 36, so it’s not menopause. I was just diagnosed with PsA this month.