Lip swelling while on Stelara

Has anyone had this?

And periodic episodes of profuse sweating?

I haven't experienced either on Stelara. When I am not on a biologic or on one that has faded out on me I do notice I sweat. Usually it feels like a cold sweat mostly upper body or head and it seems to be from pain. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Thanks for responding Michael!

Since my early 50s I've had bouts of profuse sweating from my neck up--mostly in the summer if its warmer than 75 degrees or so. That's why I don't mind MN winters. I've seen discussions about sweating being blamed on PsA or biologics, but I always thought my problem was from menopause. It is annoying and embarrassing, isn't it?!

Cheryl (CLR) said:

I have been on Stelara for over 1.5 years. I have experience any of those side effects. Just make sure you are drinking enough water around the time of your shot. I have noticed that I get extremely dehydrated after a shot.

Any swelling in your face is concerning. This is one side effect the should be reported.

Okay, thanks

GrumpyCat said:

Any swelling in your face is concerning. This is one side effect the should be reported.

Yes, it's annoying. I know it can be menopause but it has increased a lot since I started a biological. And my skin feels like it's burning sometimes. Oh well, it seems to be fading in intensity as the days go by.

Grandma J said:

Since my early 50s I've had bouts of profuse sweating from my neck up--mostly in the summer if its warmer than 75 degrees or so. That's why I don't mind MN winters. I've seen discussions about sweating being blamed on PsA or biologics, but I always thought my problem was from menopause. It is annoying and embarrassing, isn't it?!

Cheryl (CLR) said:

A friend of mine, whose daughter is on Humara, said that her pharmacist told her that the "heat waves" and sweating are from the body responding to the medicine. Kind of like a fever responding to an infection.

Hello everyone. I am new to online support groups and I don't know anyone who has PsA either. I was wondering if anyone else might be have profuse sweats? They come out of no where. I had them prior to Enbrel but they seem to have gotten worse since I started injections. Especially on the day of injection. Does anyone else experience this? I am also 28, so I know it's not menopause.