Night sweats?

Lately I've been waking up most nights because I'm cold... then, as I wake up a bit more, I realize I'm cold because I'm wet - I'm soaked in sweat! This only happens at night.

I started Humira 3 weeks ago. I read something about night sweats being a possible side effect - is this common? Does anyone else experience this?

I know night sweats can point to other, uglier things. I've not been running fevers.

Should I be concerned?

I've had some night sweats from medications (pilocarpine mainly), from this latest flu-thing, and from more significant flares. If you're not experiencing any other symptoms of infection, maybe just put in a call to the rheumatologist to see what he thinks? Sometimes I find I've just had the heat turned up too high because of the super cold weather! :)

Possible flushing of some sort? Just give the nurse a call a said above. I never had that issue with Humira…

I had hot flashes when I was on MTX. You can call the support line for Humira and ask about it.

I have night sweats a lot. Different meds cause it, even my BCP. Let your doctor know. With some meds is a bad side effect.

My disease causes nights sweats.bad control = sweaty Jen.

But I also have an IBD crossover - and night sweats are very common with poorly controlled disease

My sleep pattern in general sucks. Recently, I have been waking up after 2 or 3 hours wanting to cut my feet off. However, I do get sweaty when my buddy goes through flushing. Could be medication or disease…

My suggestion would be to keep a journal of when it happens and the how bad it is. Maybe that will help pin point the cause.

I had night sweats start about 16 years ago when I was in my mid-thirties. In hindsight they might have heralded the start of all my problems .... irritable bowel, sun sensitivity, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis. Get them less these days now I've gone through the menopause but oddly just the last couple of weeks they've got a bit worse again. Hey-ho! Whenever I've told the doctors none of them have been in the slightest interested.

Thanks for everyone’s input… my doc doesn’t seem concerned so I guess I’ll just keep an eye on it. A journal is a smart idea, mataribot, that may give me some insight. Just add it to my list of weird stuff in my new reality!

Anytime my psoriasis or PsA sees a rapid reduction I feel like poop and can’t sleep. I often times wonder if my body gets use to the level disease activity and doesn’t like it when changes rapidly…

Interesting thread....I also have night sweats. I had a few through in my late 30's but the past few months I have been having them more often. Is it possible the med's can cause one to go into menopause as well? I see my rheumy in a few weeks, so will be talking to her about this more.