Exciting progress!

So, today I went waterskiing! Just got up, crossed the wake once and fell off, (and then again), but for the last year, i had finally accepted that waterskiing (as well as horseriding, hiking, and silly offshore sailing - all the things important to me and my husband that helped cement our relationship at the start) was never going to happen…,

now it seems that all those doors are opened again - such an exciting idea! I can’t explain the sense of VITALITY. But I’m sure you all know what I mean.

From I’m not sure if I can walk down the flight of stairs from our bedroom to the kitchen one year ago, to waterskiing now - I just consider myself one of the the very lucky ones :slight_smile:

I hope everyone is able to get similar results!

That's absolutely fantastic! You must be feeling REALLY good. . . That's not an easy sport.

What are you doing, as far as your meds, exercise, diet, etc. ? Im so happy to hear you having these results. Keep up what you are doing. Wonderful, wonderful to know there is hope.

I want to know what you are doing right! I hold onto the hope that my husband, kids and I will be able to return to our wonderful outdoor life that we had pre-PsA. It sounds like you are having fun and I am so happy that you are LIVING! I hope that by this time next year, I’ll be out there playing too!

Woohoooo!! What exciting news! Thank you for sharing this, it gives me hope on a day I wake up to a "bad" day! I would say do some watersking for me, but I have never been able to get up, lol. How about some tubing? LOL! I look forward to the day I can jump on the back of a bike and feel the wind!

Have a wonderful day!

That's wonderful news!!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

Frances

that is fantastic Jen. Im also fortunate to have found life again. for those people who want to know what has changed: Enbrel, 5mg prednisone, celebrex and a fish fruit and veg diet with minimal carbohydrates. Occasional it attempts to flare if I get tired or a bit more than normally stressed but a short rise in the prednisone quickly brings it back under control. I ride my bike and walk and swim in the surf whereas last year I was crippled.

Allan,

Thanks for sharing your recipe for success. I"m glad you are doing so well.

Humira isn't working for me and I have an app't at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio next week. Going to ask for Enbrel.

I am so pleased for you!

Like others, I am asking what did you do that we are not doing or are you just lucky that you have gone into some type of remission.

I have tried every possible elimination diet and continue to eat healthy and that is not enough to get me back to what I use to be able to do. Embrel is helping me and I have improved and I hope I continue to do so.

Every so often we hear about someone getting better. There is always hope. Unfortunately most of the time these are a one of a kind.

Can't wait to hear, just in case it is something you have stumbled upon that might work on all of us.

How exciting! I am thrilled to hear this! We have a beach cottage and our family spends lots of time there. I haven't been able to ski or do other water sports for the past two years but I am hoping that with my meds this will be the year. You have given me hope! Thanks for a great post to remind us what we may be able to do!

GOOD for you!! Happy to hear you are doing so well!! It's amazing how things CAN get better, even when you've accepted it may not. Even though we try to be realistic, i's so important not to give up hope! :D

Enbrel does it for me. I went from walking with a cane to climbing up and down 27 flights of stairs without pain. If one of the biologics is found to work, it can be a wonder drug.

Yep, I’m an Enbrel girl too - pretty immediate improvement initially, but it took 5 months to really work. I think there’s a bit of stress lowering involved as well - was having a rough patch right up until Christmas / new year, but coincidentally after a few weeks holiday (and a few sneaky 5 day spaced Enbrels), things have been great for my joints.

My diet ? Well that’s a whole other issue I’m having investigated… I haven’t been eating much (not out of choice). I certainly wouldn’t be recommending my diet to any one for more than a couple of weeks, though in theory there could be a connection.

For Seenie and Gwynneth though, I didn’t stop drinking wine, so at least I know that’s safe!

I'm sorry jen, I officially hate you now. Not because of you success that's more than cool. But water skiing? Really? We just dug out from another 16" of snow.....

That's fabulous! Good to hear!

Ah Lamb, best you find a hill and get out the snow skis!

Seriously, I really feel for all you Guys with that snow and the cold, I don’t think I’d survive long, I complain when it gets below 15 deg C (59F) at night, and stop swimming in my pool when it drops below 28 deg C!

I hope everyone stays safe in all that weather :slight_smile:

My pool doesn't thaw until late June, not sure why we even have it...... I do ski to the mail box although this year I have had to use the snow shoes a time or two had to hire a plow truck for my road my old pick up couldn't handle it

I love the snow. Love snow covered trails. We like to go for a long walk on them and my hubby will pull our kids on the sled when they get tired. I will admit that the last snow fall (the amt of snow we got and we got a lot) made walking in the snow really hard..for me..painful at times.. But walking on a trail is far more scenic than on a shovelled sidewalk. It's not cold if you dress warmly!!! It's actually very nice....air is crisp and fresh. More pleasant to exercise in. The cold helps with my swelling. I get worst swelling in the hot summer months. And I still go swimming..indoors at a resort with my membership. I love our 4 seasons. Plenty to do all yr round. Im outside yr round. Used to it I guess. Ive lived in a hot climate before and could not do that permanently. It was sticky & I got sick more because of the swelling in my foot n leg.