Whew! What a week! Babies, PSA, MRI

I am thrilled to say that our babies are doing great! Thank you so much to everyone for your messages of encouragement and support. Boys are starting to gain weight and meeting their markers. I never thought I would be so happy to report that babies had pooped, but I am happy to say that today they did! YEA! It's really hard on Deb, they released her Sunday night and she had to go home without her babies but it won't be long before they are all home and can begin their lives together as their little family.

I had my appointment for my MRI results today and they weren't bad I suppose. I do have that spondi something that I still can't spell. I also have a cyst on my L5 that is causing some of the pressure and numbness they think. I am leaving Sunday for Idaho and then coming home next Saturday and leaving Monday for PA and return on Thursday. They are trying to scheule me to have them drain the cyst and give me a different type of shot/block in my back to help with the problem on that Friday. They have to put me to sleep to be able to best do both procedures and I hate being put to sleep!

I think that so much driving up and down the road and standing on my feet with Deb and the boys and the every changing weather here has really caused the inflammation in my left foot and leg and hands to become worse this week. Walking, sitting, standing is almost to much to bear. My foot is so swollen I am having a hard time wearing shoes - and for those of you who do not know me, this is a terrible thing to happen to me. Typing is awful, I love this little talk thing, but sometimes it doesn't understand my Southern accent - so there is no telling what it might say I said! This is the first time my meds haven't worked so well but I'm thinking maybe it's a combination of all I'm doing and going thru right now that may be causing it. What do you guys think?

At any rate, thanks for letting me whine a little tonight.

SLOW DOWN!! I’m starting to flare just reading your message ;-). I don’t know about you, but I really regret it after I do too much and it sounds like you’re trying to out race the Energizer Bunny. You have so much going on right now; some of its really exciting and awesome, and some is pretty stressful and not-so-awesome.

Don’t worry too much about the procedure. We do those regularly at my center and they are a breeze. The medication that they use to make you sleep is the same that they use for “twilight” sedation. Most people wake right up and are ready to go home very quickly. Generally there’s no nausea or hangover feeling from that medication. Hopefully, you will feel lots of relief after!

Hope you get some down time soon. Enjoy those babies, and take care of yourself!

Thanks GrumpyCat but hello, welcome to my life, I have always only known one speed until recently. Always thought I was the Energizer Bunny (are you telling me I'm not, hehehe), it has always been me. I only know how to run at one speed and it really sucks to realize that I am having to give that speed up and to slow down. Can I just say this: I HATE IT!. Sigh, feel better now.

I know somewhere in my head the procedure will be OK, but I hate needles, I hate procedures, I hate being put tp sleep, I hate doctors. Did I miss something?

I know some of your will call me a baby and a wuss and OK, I admit it, I am. But think about me because I am!

It’s okay to be worried about it. We all have our “thing” I am terrified of anesthesia. I cry until they knock me out. I KNOW it’s no big deal and I am friends with some of the anesthesiologists. That doesn’t change the fact that it scares the bejesus out of me. Be braver than me :stuck_out_tongue:

Slowing down stinks. It’s no fun. I still haven’t figured out what my limits are, because, if I feel good I think I have to cram it all into that day. I never know when I’ll have another good day. I am trying to get better at this and stop wearing myself out, but it’s hard!

Meh…we’ll figure it out eventually!