Things that make life easier

If you have suggestions for things that have helped you, I'd like to hear.

My favorite gadget is a pneumatic stool that has 5 wheels on a large base. It sits very low. If you have trouble with both hips and knees it can get you places you would never see without it.

I have an electric can opener. As simple as it sounds it's a real blessing. My hands were pretty bad and one point and I still have to be careful how much strain I put on them. I also have an automatic jar opener. It's a little noisy but it does the job.

At one point before I started on the biologic, I could barely brush my teeth let alone open a jar or use a can opener. These items are priceless to me.

I have really embraced the use of aids around my house. Anything to make life easier for me is great.

Major things for me are plenty of grab bars in all the right places - in the bathroom of course, but also around the house. I have a single step down from the kitchen into the attached garage and the grab bar I had installed to the wall there is priceless.

My shower stool. How long I suffered without it before I got one. Now I can just sit and relax in the hot shower and take my sweet time bathing instead of rushing to avoid being on my sore feet.

Although he is not a "gadget" my service dog Sage is irreplaceable on days when my mobility is severely limited. He is as important for my mental well being as he is the assistance that he provides.

Finally my raised beds in my garden and my City Biddy Hen House. These things allow me to continue to live the lifestyle that I want. With the raised beds I can continue to garden. There is no way I could still garden if I had a conventional garden. With the raised beds I can sit and work and still have high vegetable production. With the City Biddy Hen House I can continue to keep the chickens that I love. It is well designed and allows me to do all of my chores very easily. I can even sit in a chair and clean it out. Because I can still take care of them I still get the pleasure my little flock of hens provides. Nothing takes your mind off of your pain like sitting in the sun and watching the hens scratching in the grass.

To me being able to provide fresh eggs and fresh vegetables for the family really helps with my self worth. It is something I can still do for my family. (with the modifications of course)