Small things = huge difference

Wow, sometimes the smallest things can make such a huge difference in life.

I have been having a big problem with showering. So many days I just couldn't handle taking a shower and some days a both took more than I had. When I showered they had to be speedy because I just couldn't stand that long.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a shower stool - just a small inexpensive one really. But what a difference it has made. It is easier to use than preparing for a bath and I can stay in there as long as I want. As a bonus, I can let the hot water beat on my legs which eases the pain.

Robyn--good to you for taking the plunge and purchasing some adaptive technology. As various joints get affected over time (and the pain and swelling comes and goes) I'm always thinking about what kind of brace or device might make life a little easier in that moment. A shower seat is a perfect choice for your comfort and safety. And there's not much more uplifting that a nice warm shower from which you emerge refreshed and smelling like a bed of roses!!

I agree that a shower seat makes a huge difference. I bought one a few years ago when I was 36. I felt a bit silly, but my husband agreed that he thought it was a good idea. I have never felt silly since then! It makes a big difference for me. I have been falling a lot lately, too, since my leg muscles and/or nerves (we aren’t sure which yet) are getting in on the inflammation party. It is nice to know that I don’t have to worry about suddenly going down in the shower since I always use the seat anyway.