The Pain, The Pain!

Today is bad! I’ve had 3 absolute horrible days this month and this one ranks 2nd on list. I’ve taken 4 Aleve, used aspercreme, and capsaicin and no relief. My hands, wrists and feet are screaming and I have 2 more hours of work. Needless to say I
Have not been very productive today. Limping around and moving slow. I am falling asleep at my desk This disease is just so damn aggravating!!

Hi Suzanne,

Sorry to hear about your day and hope you get home soon to relax. Do you have Salon Pas pain patches? I have found those work pretty well for me, much better than any topical creams. Hope you feel better soon!

Sorry you are having a bad day. I am like that at work sometimes I walk slow and limp around I feel like I am an old lady LOL!! when my knees are acting up on me which is usually daily I use Icy Hot pain patches the heat seems to help a little and use a heating pad and prop them up. Sometimes ice helps hope you get some relief soon.

Thanks all! It’s just one of those days. I hate that you can’t drink on MTX. I coud go for a beer right about now!

TIGHEFAN said:

Sorry you are having a bad day. I am like that at work sometimes I walk slow and limp around I feel like I am an old lady LOL!! when my knees are acting up on me which is usually daily I use Icy Hot pain patches the heat seems to help a little and use a heating pad and prop them up. Sometimes ice helps hope you get some relief soon.

Hi Suzanne, Ouch, so sorry its a bad day. This sounds funny but try a couple of midols or pamprin. These are my go to’s when nothing else works. They are muscle relaxers basically so it might help the pain. My hubby takes this when he has a headache. I call it my “kick my butt” pain. I’m sorry its been bad for you.

Midol, huh? Well I would never have thought of that. I will check it out - I know I’ve got some
around here. Now, if it has ibuprofen can I still take it? My dr told me no ibuprofen with MTX? I can always call the pharmacy

meg said:

Hi Suzanne, Ouch, so sorry its a bad day. This sounds funny but try a couple of midols or pamprin. These are my go to’s when nothing else works. They are muscle relaxers basically so it might help the pain. My hubby takes this when he has a headache. I call it my “kick my butt” pain. I’m sorry its been bad for you.

I don’t know but if it does it’s probably just a little. My doc never said no ibuprofen with MTX.Maybe if your stomach is bad thats why.

Hi Suzanne,

I am soory that you are having a bad time of it at the moment. I had a very simlar day myself yesterday. I had to use my cane for the first time in ages. :(

Noit only that I was taking extra strong parcacetamol - in Australia it is Panadol Osteo and ibuprofen with codine - that is my "kick butt" cocktail. Unforturneatly codine makes my head a bit wonky, so I can't take too much if I want to be alert. As far as I am aware (with me anyway) as long as I don't take the ibuprofen on an empty stomach, it is ok.

I also hated having to explain why I needed the cane to the others in the offfice. Anyway, enough about my problems, I hope you feel better soon!

Louise