Tell me something postive that happened to you recently

Alright, I could have a big ole RANT right about now but I choose to look for the postive. I need help though. Tell me something postive that has happened to you recently, OR something postive you hear about that lifted your spirits.

Recently we bought a travel trailer (caravan) and I have been so excited buying items for it and making it our own. Our first camping trip is next weekend and I cant wait. 2 night on the shore of a lovely lake. We plan on camping once a month to get away, disconnect, and focus on our family. There has been so much negative this year and we choose to take a break from it.

4 Likes

Rome is lovely in the fall, when the parched heat gives way to breezy damp fresh air and the smell of wet leaves. Going for long walks across town from one place to the next instead of being bottled up in traffic is priceless. The world is our oyster

3 Likes

That sounds so lovely!!

1 Like

Just back from a week in Norfolk Broads UK where we stayed in a windmill a quarter of a mile away from a tiny lane where we parked our car. It was on the river. There was zero road noise. Instead we heard deer rutting, geese flying in to a nearby lake morning and evening, we had a family of swans visit daily. We saw an otter catch a fish and eat it just looking at us. We spent a lot of time out in a little boat just exploring. We saw kingfishers, herons, ducks swans egrets several types of sea gulls and marsh harriers hunting. And lots of warblers. We also went to the beach to see several 10’s of seals with their babies. We also saw lots of sailing boats with their huge red or white sails. So there was even very little boat noise too. Even the refuse got collected by boat. It was dreamy quiet and just magical. No Wifi either and very little cell phone coverage. Completely delightful.

6 Likes

That sounds beautiful and very well socially distanced.

1 Like

That sounds so very lovely. I think I could do that full time. I am so glad you had some time away and you were able to share it with us. I dont know about the share policy in this forum but if you would like to share a picture I would love to see it.

I will try and send a picture or two.

I’ve enjoyed the extra time with the children, although admittedly at times things have felt chaotic and beyond my control, at those times I’ve breathed out and let nature take over!

I’ve really felt lucky to be able to teach my children about the world all around them, local nature that we’re lucky enough to enjoy in the garden and literally on our doorstep.

As well as a thriving veg patch and greenhouse this year we planted new apple trees.
We made bird seed cakes and insect hotels, discovered rabbit warrens and badger setts. We had a swarm of bees, we found heron and buzzard nests, had two lots of momma ducks nesting in the garden - thankfully spread out so the one lot fledged before the other lot appeared on the scene!

Then once we calmed down from that excitement we had a beautiful semi feral little cat find us and move into the garage. 2 months later and we have her and the 3 kittens in the house, chaotic isnt the word!
So entertaining and rewarding to offer nature a hand or a home and the kids have learned so much during this difficult time! My 8 year old son can now even name wild plants and flowers and recognises different types of bees!

4 Likes

Aw. I just love this. I remember when my son was younger and we did so many nature inspired things too. Sounds like a wonderful year.

This is the Mill we stayed in in Norfolk UK.

6 Likes

This is the little boat we had to ‘play’ in.

4 Likes

Here is Freddie looking out of the little boat as we tootled along.

5 Likes

Beautiful photos, thankyou @Poo_therapy :grin:

1 Like

Wow, just amazing!! Just what I needed to see today.

1 Like

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/inmys2VIrJlB

2 Likes

Eery in an appropriate way - who did that I wonder. As slogans go that one does it for me in these strange times.

Sometimes think my joints are out of time.

2 Likes

Museum of Modern Art instalmemt

It is great to stay positive with a little help along the way to cheer us up. I have a new grand daughter born on the 20th Oct. Being a grandmother for the 2nd time is a great joy for me. I keep a list of things to do to make me feel good when I need a boost.
Nothing expensive though. Some things that I do is listen to music that I like, watch a comedy movie, phone a friend, catch up with a friend over coffee. Do an abstract painting. Do some craft. Go for a walk in the rain forest where I live. In the warmer weather go for a swim in a close by water hole that is surrounded by rain forest plants and trees. I do hope this gives you some inspiration in times when you might need a boost.
I do like your questions about life which gives us a chance to talk about things other than just PsA.

4 Likes

Thank you and thank your for your reply! We do need to remind ourselves that there are things in our lives that are enjoyable apart from the issues we endure from PsA. I tell my son with every activity, “tell me two things that you enjoyed.” Sometimes its easy to find two things, sometimes it isn’t but we make do. He might tell me a bug he saw at sports class… at least he found joy in that bug :slight_smile:

1 Like

During the last summer, I took to crochet, diamond painting, weaving and, the best of all, I realised the grubby cat I’d seen around the area was in fact a stray in need of help.
So, slowly we gained his trust (with copious amounts of chicken) took him to a vet…OMG! Cat wrestling to get him in a carrier! Found he was not microchipped, had a long time injury of a dislocated hip, poor fella, and of course wasn’t neutered.
Long story short, he became our own lovely George. His interim names were Hobo George, Yowlly George, and Nutless George.
He has kept me sane through bouts of shielding, caring for him has helped my feelings of uselessness after having to ill health retire.
He has been a complete blessing.

5 Likes