Surgery for bicep tendon and rotator cuff..PsA or?

Went to have arthroscopic surgery three days ago for a debridement of my bone spurs in (L) shoulder. The orthopedic said he would check out my rotator cuff and biceps while he was in there, so I signed a consent for all of it. After three hours in the OR I woke up to find out I had a tear in my rotator cuff which he repaired and my bicep tendon was "shredded". Therefore the tendon was removed and the bicep muscle was then attached to the humerus using a screw into the bone. Now I'm told it will be a long recovery including 6 months of PT because of the bicep. Has anyone had this with PsA ? I also posted on another thread that I am also being treated for a tear in my plantar fascia. My Rheumatologist doesn't know yet about the shoulder since it was just a few days ago, but he said he doesn't feel the plantar tear is from PsA when I spoke with him last month. If it's not the PsA what else could be causing all these tears ? I'm 59 ,on the usual PsA meds ( metthotrex, Enbrel, sulasalazine, folic acid and Celebrex) but also meds for autonomic nerve dysfunction, small nerve fiber neuropathy, gastic dysmotility and the list goes on. Just don't know if this is common with PsA or am I dealing with something else? ANY comments appreciated !

I'm sorry to hear you're going through all of this. The good news is that the surgeon went beyond the minimum and repaired everything that needed to be repaired. I hope you have a good PT that you enjoy spending time with. . . It makes it go much more smoothly. Sorry I have no experience with to help you with.

Definitely talk to your rheumy about this tear as well. My understanding is that the long term inflammation of the tendons can lead to this, but isn't the plantar fascia a ligament? My impression was that ligaments weren't typically directly affected, but may be indirectly affected through joint weakness, etc.

thanks for your reply Stoney. And yes I do really like my PT, however my surgeon wants me to go to a PT center which deals only with hands and shoulders. So unless I can convince him otherwise, I have to start from scratch with a new PT. I guess I didn't explain fully the plantar fascia problem. I have a tear in the plantar fascia which depending on who you speak with or what you read, it's considered a ligament or a group of connective tissue fibers. But anyway, I also have a post tibial tendonosis which is in relation to the plantar issue. Spent 2 months in a walker boot, one in a cast, 8 weeks in PT (the ones I really liked !) and go this week to pick up my brace since no relief from the other immobilizations. He wanted to do surgery, but my shoulder was already scheduled, plus my PT said the plantar fascia surgery doesn't always have good results.

My rheum and I have had some problems lately, he tends to brush off things and I let him know I was not happy, but when I told him how many months I have spent trying to heal my foot, he ordered me a low dose of Prednisone (15mg/day) to see if it helped, but was only on for 7 days before I had to stop it due to the shoulder surgery, so could not really tell.

I thank you for your time in answering, I am a miserable Grinch right now..pain, unbaked cookies and frustration are all getting to me. I see no driving, slings, braces and PT pain starting off my 2013, SO tired of this ! Take care, I better stop my complaining and deal with it !

Hi Babs,

I have no suggestions or anything but wanted to add my thoughts. I'm sorry you are going through this. It sounds pretty tough, and I'm sure you had enough to deal with before that all happened.

so sorry you are going through all this but I know my rheum would say all Psa.

You have so much on your plate, big hug, hope you feel better soon x