Surgery?

Not sure what happened this post… just finished writing it… tried to post it & it deleted itself… :frowning:

Briefly as I can’t actually remember what all I typed there… think I ended up ranting more than anything!

Basically my Rheumy is recommended /referring me for surgery. Initially on 2 fingers as they are the worst at min. Meds aren’t effecting them & I got injections back in Nov which gave no improvement. It seems to be few of the joints have “seized” & tendons have tightened…

I don’t know much as Consultant briefly talked things through but until I’m reviewed again or receive a letter for this actual surgery im in limbo!

Anyone been through surgery for their PsA id be glad to hear your story!!

You didn’t say a lot about the planned surgery. The two big questions I would ask before planning surgery are how are you functioning now, and what will the results of the surgery be?

I’ve had two surgeries on my thumb. One was at the base to tighten up the joint and the other was to release a trigger thumb.

My mom had surgery on her hand after having massive damage due to undiagnosed PsA. She had joint replacements and fusions on some PIP and DIP joints.

Yours would be tendon rebalancing? Or something different?

Thanks!

That’s the point tho… I don’t know anything about the surgery!

Consultant said it they would do my fingers first… as I said neither the meds or the injections I got Nov have helped. One finger won’t bend past the middle joint so I can’t actually make a fist any more & next finger is probably about half that hassle…

Soo it was described to me as loosening the tendons &shaving(?) down the joints/ bones or something to that effect!

Don’t know anything further…