Started Simponi Tonight

I started Simponi ronight, hope it woks a well as Humira use to work...bent and swollen fingers crossed.

My wife was getting her hair cut today and a nurse with PsA was seated next to her. The nurse preceded to tell my wife about the "horrible" choices I was making with biologics. She claimed Humira wrecked her life and caused her to get P and working hard to rid her body of the Humira toxins. Before she came home she bought me the nurses prescribed cure all...fish oil and glucosamine & chondroitin.

I thanked my wife and told her I will take the pills, every little bit helps, but it won't due anything for the P and it won't stop my body from attacking my joints.

Tonight, sorry...PIMF. Sounded like Scooby Doo there for a minute.

Sometimes free advice is worth exactly that- nothing. I try to tell myself people care when I receive such helpful advise but it is hard. Sometimes I just want to tell them to shut it!

I agree Michael. I got really tired of the free advice from everyone five years ago when I was first hit with PsA. I've had every suggestion including tart cherry, yoga and a Mexican Curandero (witch doctor). Most of the advice came from those with no skin in the game.

I now thank people, then go about my own business.

Good luck with the Simponi. How long does it take to see a result?

Frances

Frances said:

Good luck with the Simponi. How long does it take to see a result?

Frances

I don't know Frances, Rheumy thought maybe a month. He told me the possible downside could be the Simponi could work for three weeks and you don't take your next injection until the fouth. Kind of trial and error at this point, Last night before bed my wife asked me if it was working yet...she kind of likens it to taking an Advil....poof!

Thanks for your response, Frances...hope all is well for you.

Best wishes on the Simponi! I used it for about a year and it helped me quite a bit (much better than Humira).

Advice like that is sooooo annoying! UGH.

Marietta, why did you stop the Simponi?

It just stopped working for me after a year :(

Jorline said:

Marietta said:

It just stopped working for me after a year :(

Jorline said:

I wish you well and hope you're able to find relief soon.