Starting Simponi infusions next week

After many years on everything from Gold Injections to Remicade, my Rheumatologist is starting me on Simponi Infusions next week. I am his test case it seems, as he has not tried this on any patient before. So anyone out there on Simponi? It's a TNF drug as is Humira, Enbrel, and Remicade so we will see if this will work for me. All of us with Psoriatic Arthritis have gone through a myriad of treatments and some work well... for a while. I will keep you posted. *sigh* her we go again.

I've just had my second dose of Simponi (golimumab) but I'm doing it by monthly subcutaneous injection ..... wasn't aware it could be given by infusion as well. Definitely noticed some small improvements after only the first dose, both with my joints and a lifting of the fatigue, although the improvement waned almost completely towards the end of the month. Only had the second injection three days ago so still waiting to see what happens. This is my second anti-TNF, the first was Humira and didn't help me at all. So far I feel quite hopeful for the Simponi.

Thanks Lamb, I can always rely on your expert knowledge :-)

There are two Simponi's: Simponi and Simponi Aria They are not the same med (exactly.) As of yet the aria version hasn't recieved FDA approval for PsA (not that that stops a good doc.) The bugger in the whole thing is all the studies were done WITH MTX and not as a standalone.

Ahhh I know. Herein lies the rub....I am taking it without MTX, so watch this space. I remember long ago taking oral MTX and it was so hard on my stomach After that we went with the injectable and I developed a gastric ulcer as well as mouth ulcers So that was out. We have pretty much exhausted every other biologic so fingers crossed. Thanks.
tntlamb said:

There are two Simponi's: Simponi and Simponi Aria They are not the same med (exactly.) As of yet the aria version hasn't recieved FDA approval for PsA (not that that stops a good doc.) The bugger in the whole thing is all the studies were done WITH MTX and not as a standalone.

Thought you had had "real" probs with MTX. Very much will be watching. Best of luck.

I'm taking it standalone as well as I can't take MTX. It will be interesting to see how we both get on.

Simponi Aria has been suggested to me by my doc. I had an adverse reaction to Remicade, and I am wondering if the same thing would happen with Simponi Aria. I am not on a biologic right now and I feel pretty crappy.

I'm starting Simponi Aria pending insurance approval for off label use. My doc says he likes it for tough cases because you can give doses according to your weight, unlike Humira or other SC meds where the dose is the same for everyone.