Should I be on anti-inflammatory too?

I am on Enbrel shots now with Gabapentin and Percocets for pain as needed (mainly at night to sleep).

Should I be on an anti-inflammatory as well?

If recommended, what NSAID do you all recommend? Ibuprofrin and aleve do nothing. Most prescription NSAID's help but tear up my stomach (ex: Dicflofenac).

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for your time!

I think so. Most of us are on an NSAID and get a lot of relief from them. As I mentioned on a previous post this am, you could be taking an acid reducer along with the NSAID. This helps a lot. I am taking 800 mg of ibuprofen three times a day, but I take it with a PPI, and its amazing. I had been taking ibuprofen for a year or so at high doses with no stomach protection. I didn’t realize how much the ibuprofen was hurting my stomach until my stomach didn’t hurt anymore.

I take diclofenac, with omeprazole (PPI). My stomach isn't happy, but the omeprazole has helped a great deal.

I’m not sure why a NSAIDs wouldn’t help. For me, NSAIDs work better than any narcotics. The only thing narcotics do is help with sleep. I take celebrex, and works well for me. I only take it when it’s necessary, even with a reducer it tears the stomach up over the long term.

I find I have to take a NSAID routinely to get good relief. I take either Celebrx 200 mg 2Xday or Naproxene (Aleve here in the states) 2 tabs or 500 mgs 2Xday. I also take Omeprazole twice a day to protect my stomach. I frequently take 1000mg of Tylenol with the NSAID to help with pain. I only take Vicodin between biologics or when doing too much. I do not take it routinely at all as I do not want the rebound pain cycle that sometimes happens when using opiods with PsA. I use heat, topical Salonpas patches and all the tricks in my book before I take Vicodin.

Btw, I take Duexis. It has 800mg of ibuprofen and 26 mgs of famotidine together in a coated tab. I typically take it three times a day.

Thanks Grumpycat - I’ve asked my RA doc for NSAID with that and a few others for suggeations