Sharing amazing news and questions about disabillity

well my last doctor appt was on 1/9/12 and my sed rate was 126 and my last appt was 3/29/2012 and it is down to an amazing 24!!!! I am so proud of myself, I am still experiencing pain and stiffness, extreme exhaustion and swelling but I am doing so much better since this all began I am currently taking, methotrexate, humira, folic acid, tramadol, fish oil, multivitamin, b complex, aleve and vicodin for pain as needed I am really looking forward to maybe cutting back on some of these meds for my rhumey says that its way to soon to even talk about that!

So i applied for disabillity and was denied i spoke to an atty and he thinks i have a good chance of winning the appeal however it will take at least one year to even see a judge for the appeal so I was wondering if any of you out there have experienced this and have any suggestions?

Having worked for a disability lawyer, I can tell you that typically SS denies on the first round. IT’s their way of weeding out the riff-raff. They figure if you don’t try hard, you must not need it. I don’t think they take into consideration the fact that you might just be too sick to reapply.

Make sure your doctor documents everything and uses the best ICD-9 codes. This is the diagnosis code that explains what you have. You may have more than one diagnosis, such as Psoriasis (ICD-9 code 696.1) and Costochondriasis (733.6). Make sure ALL codes are included. The more documentation you have the better - especially how it affects your day-to-day abilities. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I actually did hire a lawyer after the denial but It looks like it will take at least a year before we can have a court date so it looks like its going to be a very long journey