Recently applied and waiting for a response back?

Just wondering if anyone in this group has applied for disability & wanted to share with the group where they are in the disability process??

Hi

I am on disablity and I was told by my OT to put the worst situation down ie what you feel like if you didnt have the drugs to help the arthritis and how you would cope not too put how you feel when your on the drugs but to remember how you felt before you take the drugs as she said the worst sitution would be if you come off the drugs

I did come my drugs due to some low blood counts and liver problems and it was hell so I am glad I put the worst case dowm

so remember to do the same hope this helps

Hey there, i just got approved for SSI it took me 3 years to get to where i am. I wish you the best and hope that they approve you.

I am on my 3rd appeal as of now ,had to transfer from Ar to WV , I have been diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis,Psoriasis, Copd, Depression/ anxiety, Osteoarthritis,Restless leg syndrome,degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia.. will report back after 3rd appeal.

I have applied and have an appointment scheduled with a Psychologist of theirs. I have to see their doctor to determine eligibility. This is because I also have mental illness as well that I have been in treatment for the past 2+ years. I had to stop seeing that doctor due to transportation issues. I feel I should be able to get disability for that alone. I have filed before for that reason and was rejected, but failed to file an appeal at that time.

Hello, I am new to this site and this group. I applied for SSI just over a year ago. I was denied once, I appealed the first denial and have been denied yet again. I have had the physical and psychological evaluation ordered by SSI and DHS. I have applied for every thing under the moon just to be denied.

It has been a very rough year with out medical help and then finding not once but twice I have been denied SSI. I learned that I need to be seeing a dr some how. I have searched high and low for help and always get denied. I have found a small silver lining in my cloud. There may be a clinic and county insurance program that will cover basic care. Not any ER or major tests but at least I can see a dr.

I also am trying to get counseling, especially since I get no support from my husband. Now I just have to play the waiting game. I also noticed in your write up about this group that you said hiring a lawyer is not necessary. I have already done that and have my first appointment on Thursday. I am wondering if I should not go, maybe cancel. I just want this to over and done right. My husband was in an accident and it took him almost 10 years to get SSDI. He did not get a lawyer. And now he gets only 450 a month which makes no sense to me. This is all the income we currently receive and that is not enough to survive on. Anyway, that's my story. Glad to be here and hope to find out as much as I can about this process. Peace to all.

Another great website with a ton of useful information that may be of help to you is www.ssdfacts.com Maybe someone there can give you more info on what to do if you have no insurance. I got a lawyer after I was denied twice. I could not deal with the stress of it all. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

AngelMary said:

Hello, I am new to this site and this group. I applied for SSI just over a year ago. I was denied once, I appealed the first denial and have been denied yet again. I have had the physical and psychological evaluation ordered by SSI and DHS. I have applied for every thing under the moon just to be denied.

It has been a very rough year with out medical help and then finding not once but twice I have been denied SSI. I learned that I need to be seeing a dr some how. I have searched high and low for help and always get denied. I have found a small silver lining in my cloud. There may be a clinic and county insurance program that will cover basic care. Not any ER or major tests but at least I can see a dr.

I also am trying to get counseling, especially since I get no support from my husband. Now I just have to play the waiting game. I also noticed in your write up about this group that you said hiring a lawyer is not necessary. I have already done that and have my first appointment on Thursday. I am wondering if I should not go, maybe cancel. I just want this to over and done right. My husband was in an accident and it took him almost 10 years to get SSDI. He did not get a lawyer. And now he gets only 450 a month which makes no sense to me. This is all the income we currently receive and that is not enough to survive on. Anyway, that's my story. Glad to be here and hope to find out as much as I can about this process. Peace to all.

I posted back in Oct 2012 that I was on my 3 rd appeal ,I went to see Law Judge on Nov 21 2013 . I am happy to say that on Jan 10th 2014 I received a Fully Favorable decision, still waiting on the award letter . To everyone out there please don't give up .Anyone have any questions please contact me .■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Janice

Hi Liz - I've actually recently applied. I'm still in the stage where I've completed the requested paperwork, sent in records, and doctors are filling out their requested forms of questions. So, I haven't made it yet through the first denial, but more than likely it will be denied at least the first time around - everything always is. My son was terminal and needed a heart transplant and he was refused first time around, so it's a given they try to always deny first time. I also inundated my original application with all of my conditions so they would have an overall picture of all my inabilities because of everything. This was what we learned with my son's application from the lawyer on the second go around. They don't know you at all, but if they have an overall picture of everything that is wrong with you or hampers your abilities, then they have a better picture of things you might or might not be able to do. So, this is where I am. Crossing fingers and toes. Good luck on your application.

Bassetmomma

My SSDI case is going on 4 (or is it 5?) years. I have applied, been denied, applied again after moving to another state (unrelated reasons), denied, appealed, denied, saw an administrative judge, got sent to MORE appointments, and have a second hearing with the same judge in September. My attorney told me recently that if I am denied again, I still have an appeal. If that appeal fails, I'll have to reapply and start over (I think). In the meantime, I have acquired more Dx of more chronic diseases, am taking a handful of pills twice a day, and am broke. So broke my husband and I declared bankruptcy last December. The SSDI process is long, painful, and confusing. But it can be done. My attorney is absolutely sure the judge will approve. I remain skeptical until I see it happen. Will update after my next hearing.