Disability benefits

Hi all, received letter advising my claim for disability was denied, phone disconnected all in one day, i have to fight this disease and now have to fight to get a few bucks from the government after not working or having any income in over a year n hubby makes barely over min wage :(( im almost at the end of my rope, tis the season but not feeling very joyous, very grateful for my family and they r healthy, sorry for the rant, just needed to vent, very stressful to have children n no $ this time of year, hope u all have a Merry Christmas :))

I'm so sorry. Obviously you can try again, but that doesn't help right this moment.

I am so sorry for your pain and suffering. I completely understand how frustrating it is. I have heard that the best way to go about getting disability is to hire a social security attorney, which is on a contingent fee basis. Get an appointment for a free consult and be sure you have all your information including medical records and the denial letter you received. I'm at the same point myself. I applied when I was first diagnosed with PSA in 2011 and was denied but have since been diagnosed with spondylitis and pustular psoriasis, so I am going to see an attorney after New Years. Hope you feel better and enjoy the holiday as best you can. HUGS

I have not applied for disability yet, however, I hear the process is very long before approval. I still work but it is getting harder and harder each day. I reached out to an attorney being a single mom I cannot afford to be out of work. I understand your financial difficulties. Assuming you have tried for government assistance, liheap, food stamps, etc. I was denied for those benefits. This may help with some financial burden also try you local churches, they may be able to help with Christmas for your family. Good luck and Merry Christmas to you

Sorry to hear of your situation. Trust me when I tell you that there are many other families just like yours. About two years ago I was in a car accident that totaled my car in October. I then lost my job due to my inability to get to work. That December my children had absolutely no gifts under the tree. Not so much as a pair of socks! So I can relate to what you are going through. Contact any local agencies you can to get what ever assistance you can for your children but also to ease the stress on you. I also suggest you contact a lawyer to help you with your disability claim. It can make a big difference & speed the process along. Best of luck to you & your family. Sending prayers your way as well.

Thank u all for the sweet replies, im getting an attorney, have tried all the gov resources n been denied because hubby has a job, what a joke, thats the gov for u lol, happy holidays to all n God bless :))