Psoriasis under fingernails

Has anyone a solution for psoriasis which I now have under a fingernail please. I am on mtx which has controlled psoriasis on my hands and feet but obviously now it is finding other venues.

A good manicure can smooth the ridges and fill the pits. I’m down to just one toe nail after a year, I rather enjoy it. I love watching my daughters squirm when I wear socks with my Birks (sandals)

If its both hands it should improve ( it takes a while too grow new nails) But for some reason if its only one side, it takes longer as its more the PsA than psoriasis.

Thanks for that. From what you say, it would seem that mine is PsA as it is only under one fingernail - so far. I am using Diprosone topically but that doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.

Is there any improvement to PsA by cutting out eating the Nightshade group of vegetables?

I have cured my mild scalp and nail psoriasis I had for 30 years by going on gluten free and alcohol free diet. I would advise strongly for giving it a try for a month. I was living with the idea that it will never go away and my nails are now clear as never before.

Oh yes, fingernails. i have it on my two index fingers. Dermatologist says to keep them trimmed short (as little free edge as possible to minimize trauma). She also said that without methotrexate they would be worse than they are. But they have got worse since i started mtx. She gave me creams to rub into them, but when I read the warnings I decided it wasn’t worth it. I never was meant to be a hand model anyway.

Thanks for that Seenie. I have tried rubbing in Diprosone and Celestone but to no avail. The nail is being eaten from the cuticle up and looks gross - guess that would be the same as yours. I admire your attitude however I am freaking that it will happen to more of my nails shortly. I am also starting to get mouth ulcers since my mtx was increased to 3x10mg per week .....all in all not really enjoying this ride!

SoupHero said:

I have cured my mild scalp and nail psoriasis I had for 30 years by going on gluten free and alcohol free diet. I would advise strongly for giving it a try for a month. I was living with the idea that it will never go away and my nails are now clear as never before.

Wow, that is really great. Not too happy to hear about giving my my wine but will certainly do what has to be done to get rid of this! Thanks so much.

SoupHero said:

As TNT said in a thread a few months ago, just paint them a pretty colour :wink: