Positive mantoux test

Hi guys, im more confused now than ever, i got the results of the mantoux test today and it was positive at 7mm, waiting on the chest xray but id say its fine, waiting on the rhumy to ring me tomorrow, question is does this mean i cant start humeria, just cant believe i tested positive and no answers yet as to why, has this ever happend anyone,

Hey there, sjg! Don't panic: people get false positives on this test all the time. Years ago, all teachers in this province had to be tested annually for TB. Every year my husband came up positive. Every year he had to go for a chest x-ray. Every year they told him everything was just fine. BO-ring!

My bet is your chest x-ray will show nothing at all. Just like my DH's!

Seenie

thanks seenie,

god i really hope so, its so scary, to be told you test positive and then nothing, you are left to wait, and one thing i hate is waiting, but im sure the rhumy will ring me tomorrow, will let you know how i get on, thanks for the info, love this site, great support here, :) x

Seenie said:

Hey there, sjg! Don't panic: people get false positives on this test all the time. Years ago, all teachers in this province had to be tested annually for TB. Every year my husband came up positive. Every year he had to go for a chest x-ray. Every year they told him everything was just fine. BO-ring!

My bet is your chest x-ray will show nothing at all. Just like my DH's!

Seenie

Hi sjg,

When I was about to go on Enbrel, my TB skin-prick test (I think that's the mantoux test) appeared to be showing a positive reaction. I had to get a blood test (Quantiferon TB Gold - sounds like a really fancy tequila to me!) and chest x-ray and, as I figured, everything was fine. Try not to worry too much - it seems like there are many false positives with the TB skin test. Hope things get sorted quickly.

Andrea