Plaquenil reaction?

I’ve been on it for only 2 1/2 weeks and yesterday I developed a rash and it’s spread today. I’ve been experiencing constant mild nausea and headaches but it’s been manageable. Should I be concerned with the rash? Has anyone else experienced it? I’m really hopeful that this drug will help me, but now I’m worried with the rash I may have to stop taking it.

Well Saundra, you know what I’m going to say: give your doctor a call. The other thing that you can do is talk to your pharmacist. I’d do both because you’ll end up leaving a message for the doc, and you will probably be able to talk to the pharmacist right away.

Will you have to quit plaquenil? Who knows … deal with the reaction first. To be honest, plaquenil isn’t a drug about which we hear a lot of rave reviews. Just sayin’. But don’t be discouraged: there are lots of other medications to try if it doesn’t work, or if it disagrees with you.

BTW, is an ophthalmologist monitoring your eyes? Eye problems are rare, but you don’t want to be the “lucky” one to have it happen to you.

Thanks Seenie

Hope you’ve got some answers now. Plaquinil is an unusual treatment for PsA though? Maybe I’m wrong but my dr didn’t list it in the possible treatments when we went through them.

Anyway, best wishes and let us know what the doc says.

Give a call for sure ESPECIALLY if you have had any sore throat symptoms of late. A rash not unusual early in treatment and usually passes but its best to be sure