Plaquenil

Well I'm getting better at spelling the word finally. Been taking the plaquenil for about three weeks an am feeling better, however, I am having some blurry vision. Is this something I should worry about?

It might be worth mentioning to your doctor. I am taking it too and the pamphlet that came with it had a section on blurriness in vision.

I've been taking it for 6 weeks with no difference at all :-(

I developed a severe reaction to plaquenil that surfaced in the form of a rash all over my body. I would call your doctor right away, as it turns out I am allergic to plaquenil and you might be also. My reaction started about 3weeks in also. Doctor took me off it right away.

I was on plaquenil for 15 years and I too found it to work well. One thing my doctor told me was to get eye exams every 4 to 6 months because it can effect your vision. Personally I never had issues with my vision while no it so if the blurriness lasts or get worse I would get it checked out.

Achy, don't worry about it. Just get it checked by your eye doc. It's probably nothing, but then you will know. Did you have your eyes checked before you started the plaquenil?

Please report this to your rheumy and make an appt with an opthamologist (an M.D).

Hey, Achy

That picture looks like Curacao. ????

Has anyone noticed a difference when on this medication? I never saw anything. Always made me wonder.

No luck with methotrexate, and after 4 months of that rheumy added sulfasalazine and plaquenil. Two months after starting that, my pain levels are diminishing. Which drug is doing it, I don't know. Or is it the fact that I've shifted to a warmer climate? I've been on my feet less? It's so frustrating to figure out what works and what doesn't, because changes are so slow, and it's hard to isolate the variables.

Whatever, I'm enjoying what I'm not feeling!

I know what you mean- my pain has really lessened- everytime I feel a little ache I hope it's not going to get worse again. The picture is of Nyhvn in Denmark. Have you been to Curacao?

I have been to Curacao, but never to Denmark. It looks lovely!

achy said:

I know what you mean- my pain has really lessened- everytime I feel a little ache I hope it's not going to get worse again. The picture is of Nyhvn in Denmark. Have you been to Curacao?