Oldie Newbie

Hi everyone. I joined about a year ago but haven’t been on the site for quite a while. I’m a 53 year old woman & was diagnosed with PsA about 5 years ago. I’m on methotrexate injections once a week which was working well until the last couple of months. I also test high for the RA factor, have fibro & osteo in both knees. My biggest problem is my feet. I’m at the point where even walking to the bathroom brings me to tears & nothing his helping with the constant pain. And to top it off, I’ve got a bone spur in my left foot. I’m at the breaking point & don’t know how to cope any more. I can’t take a lot of pain meds, because they knock me out & I have to work, so any ideas are welcome. Sorry for the whining-fest…thanks for listening.

Sissy, if you’re going to have a whinge-fest, have it here! We all understand. It sounds to me as if your PsA has decided to rev up and go for a spin with your feet. I think your rheumatologist needs to know that… Seriously, hips and knees can be replaced, but feet … without them, you aren’t going anywhere.

You don’t want to find out, down the road, that you have permanent damage in your feet. Trust me, you don’t want to go there.

It’s nice meeting you, glad you’re back!

Welcome back, Sissy!

Whining here is fine, we can definitely take it!

Seenie has the right idea; call your rheum and let them know what is going on. You may be suffering from a springtime flare, or maybe your meds need an adjustment. Until then, I find warm epsom salts soaks to be very soothing when something is extra achy. I hope you get back to feeling better soon.