Newbie Checking In

Im 47 years old and was diagnosed in 2011 with PsA and with fibromyalgia in 2013. Although I am relieved to to finally know that the pain is “not in my head” this journey is frustrating and discouraging at times. I look forward to glean from your advice and encouragement.

Welcome! Hope you have better days ahead

Thank you so much!

So many of us thought it was “all in our head”! You’re in good company here, Yoamo!

Welcome! I am nearly 52, only diagnosed with PsA in the last 5 months, and just started on the roller coaster of meds (MTX and NSAIDS at this stage) I too was told "you are overweight/unfit/menopausal/all in your head" so I know just how you feel. It was only pain in the wrist and toes that had alarm bells go off for a GP.

These guys are a fantastic helpful bunch and not a mob of 'new-age hippie alternatives" they will give you real and honest advise based on facts, lots of research and personal knowledge rather than hearsay. Good luck and again - Welcome!

Thanks so much for your response; I've already received much comfort in just knowing that I'm not alone in this. My husband & family are supportive but it's hard for them to understand something that they "can't see,"

Becstar said:

Welcome! I am nearly 52, only diagnosed with PsA in the last 5 months, and just started on the roller coaster of meds (MTX and NSAIDS at this stage) I too was told "you are overweight/unfit/menopausal/all in your head" so I know just how you feel. It was only pain in the wrist and toes that had alarm bells go off for a GP.

These guys are a fantastic helpful bunch and not a mob of 'new-age hippie alternatives" they will give you real and honest advise based on facts, lots of research and personal knowledge rather than hearsay. Good luck and again - Welcome!

Welcome! I was just diagnosed with PSa the end of 2013. Just started Methotrexate now tomorrow starting Humera along with the MX. I understand about the feeling of being alone. I was very glad to find this group. It changed my outlook completely. When I come here and talk about whats going on I don't feel like I am whining it feels like I am sharing. I love this place.

Don't always get to repsond but I am always listening.

Welcome home. I say this because often the folks in here feel more like family than family does when it comes to talking about PsA. It is such a unique and rewarding experience to come onto a website while you are full of anger, grief, confusion, and fear only to find that there is a whole bunch of people here who understand completely what you are going through, and know exactly what to say to acknowledge your absolute right to feel those things, and to help you move past them so you can get to advocating for yourself with your doctor/s and get to finding the combination of things that will make YOU feel better. So glad you found us!

tmbrwolf329 said:

Welcome home. I say this because often the folks in here feel more like family than family does when it comes to talking about PsA. It is such a unique and rewarding experience to come onto a website while you are full of anger, grief, confusion, and fear only to find that there is a whole bunch of people here who understand completely what you are going through, and know exactly what to say to acknowledge your absolute right to feel those things, and to help you move past them so you can get to advocating for yourself with your doctor/s and get to finding the combination of things that will make YOU feel better. So glad you found us!

Welcome!!! I was also told it was all in my head - my rheumy was dumbfounded when he gave me my PsA diagnosis and I said, "Thank God!!!!!!" He had never had someone be so thankful to get a diagnosis!

hi i have not been on the site for a long time but i agree with everyone for 5 years felt like they were saying it was all in my head ,got the diagnosis. the last time i saw the consultant i came out in tears told me a had got 5/6 things wrong with me ie raynauds, fibrimyalga, psa, ? lupus on mtx ,hydocloraquine , and a number of other meds ,and he said he could give me stronger meds , i told him a dont want no more thay make me ill as it is so i was told need to do more and keep busy just get on with it when in pain take painkillers but to take them on good days too? Then this wk i passed out was really ill paramedics came , the doctors have told me its the disease , dont know if anyone is the same but anything that is wrong with me bladder probs anything i am told its the disease so frustraited and no help anywere x