Neurotin

Hi all,

Just a question, I started this medication tonight, took my dose at 11. I am now feeling very weird, tingling all over. Now I have anxiety pretty bad. Night time meds are meloxicam, Xanax and now neurotin. Are these weird feeling normal? What have others experienced?

Thanks.

Hiya - by Neurontin I assume you mean gabapentin? I'm on that too, and when I first started (years ago!), it did make me feel very weird (flashy coloured lights round things, very sleepy, etc.). You do know you must taper it up?

Thanks for you reply. Yes, the same med. I started at 300 mg, that was when I posted this. I have since increased to 600. Tonight, I will increase to 900. Doc increased every two days. Does that sound about right? I honestly, don’t feel a difference in my pain/burning sensation. Hope the doc will have some insight, when I call him later.

Yikes. When I worked on Psych as a nurse, we didn't increase it that quick.

Never give up hope said:

Thanks for you reply. Yes, the same med. I started at 300 mg, that was when I posted this. I have since increased to 600. Tonight, I will increase to 900. Doc increased every two days. Does that sound about right? I honestly, don't feel a difference in my pain/burning sensation. Hope the doc will have some insight, when I call him later.

I have been taken off this medication and started on Effexor. Neurontin made me feel out of it. I hope the new med works better.

Thank you