Need advice please

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if any of you have asked your Dr. to take you out of work for a leave before? I want to know if I am doing the right thing...little backround here. My job schedule is a pace I am having trouble keeping up with in fact I have gotten to a place where I am causing my body to go backwards although I am on remicade and it is helping however I am so exhausted I am having difficulty keeping up with my job and getting ill on top of it. Mornings are very difficult for me and once I am at work it is nonstop physically and mentally. I am in need of some accomodations to my schedule and need to maake some major decisions. I am unable to find the time or mental clarity to do this being run down, sick with bronchitis/sinus infection that has lingered for 2 weeks and newly diagnosed asthma.I feel like I am one step away from a complete crash and burn situation,,,never been this close before. I have always rebounded..I have shut down, body and will right now. My rheumy has not called me back regarding my request I only got to talk to the nurse, I also called my primary and now I just heard back from my rheumy office that he is discussing the situation with my primary. Problem is no one has verbally spoken to me to see exactly what I need and what the exact problem is....I am rather frustrated...no call form either one. I am really feeling like I need a few months to get my situation changed at work to where I can do my job and I also need to see a therapist to help me figure out what I need to do and have the strength and clarity to advcate for myself, I will keep repeating the same vicious cycle of getting run down and sick, emotionally drained because I am doing more than I can handle and miss more work. I can't afford to be without an income and we do not get disability but we have a sick bank at work if the Dr. writes me out medically...so confusing and not speaking directly with them to explain is causing me frustration. I do not want to take an unpaid leave, I want to take a medical leave and I feel that this is under that category as I have a chronic illness and I am struggling...is this correct or do I have to have some sort of hospital stay or surgery? Any advice would bewelcome...thank you so much

I do believe being out for an illness is as important as a hospital stay or surgery. When I went out for a leave of absence and later out on disability I made an appointment with the paper work in my hand. I also saw an occupational therapist and physical therapist in order to figure out ways to accomplish my job. My primary care fills out the paperwork but uses notes from my Rheumatologist and OT and PT to fill them out. I hope this helps. I think if I had been able to implement a reduced schedule and ergonomic changes sooner I might have lasted longer in the work force but don't know as PsA seems to have a mind of it's own! I wish you the best of luck on taking care of yourself.

Thank you so much for the information...never had to ask before or consider this so I was not sure, it really helps to have advice from others that have been down the same or similiar roads. Thanks again

Christine

michael in vermont said:

I do believe being out for an illness is as important as a hospital stay or surgery. When I went out for a leave of absence and later out on disability I made an appointment with the paper work in my hand. I also saw an occupational therapist and physical therapist in order to figure out ways to accomplish my job. My primary care fills out the paperwork but uses notes from my Rheumatologist and OT and PT to fill them out. I hope this helps. I think if I had been able to implement a reduced schedule and ergonomic changes sooner I might have lasted longer in the work force but don't know as PsA seems to have a mind of it's own! I wish you the best of luck on taking care of yourself.