My Donation

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I made the donations today that I promised to make for the "pick the date for my grandbaby boys". I gave $350 to the UNC NICU in honor of Gene and John Moffat from Ben's Friends. I also made a $150 donation to the Arthritis Foundation for psoriatic arthritis from Ben's Friends in honor of Gene and John Moffat. I do realize gave more to the NICU but these people saved my Gene's life. For anyone who cares, the babies are doing great, gaining weight, breathing on their own, learning to suck and breathe and swallow all this week. They now weigh 4 pounds each and are getting stronger and better every day.

That is so cool MAC! It was your game, your donation, and your grand babies, so whatever you had chosen would have been just right. (plus I am partial to baby boys and North Carolina!). It’s great to hear that the babies are starting to be able to do new things. I bet it makes everyone breathe a little easier with each new step. Also, each step gets them closer to home (yay!), and hopefully that makes it a little less scary for your daughter.

Have you been able to hold them yet?

Im so happy the babies are doing well. The donations you made is very generous.

That is great news about your Grandbabies. They sound like they are well on their way to running! It will happen sooner than you think. My son was prem and once he got the sucking down pat he was going like a top. Happy news!

Great news! I am glad they are doing well. Keep us informed!

Not yet but getting closer. They have so many tubes attached that it takes forever to disconnect, place in mom and dad's arms and then reconnect so for now they are the only ones holding them. I did get to change a diaper and take a temperature though!

GrumpyCat said:

That is so cool MAC! It was your game, your donation, and your grand babies, so whatever you had chosen would have been just right. (plus I am partial to baby boys and North Carolina!). It's great to hear that the babies are starting to be able to do new things. I bet it makes everyone breathe a little easier with each new step. Also, each step gets them closer to home (yay!), and hopefully that makes it a little less scary for your daughter.

Have you been able to hold them yet?

:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:
Happy faces for you! I will send some happy thoughts and strength to your family. Best of luck to all.

Wow, MAT, thank you for for your generous donations! It’s great to hear that the grandbabies are making good progress. You must be grinning ear-to-ear these days.