Methotrexate and Enbel

I have been on the Methotrexate (8 * 2.5 mg pills a day, once a week, with Folic Acid in between) and Enbrel (2 injections per week) combination for about 6 weeks, before this it was just the Enbrel. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this combination? as my joints seem to be acting up a little. Also anyone have comments on how well this combination works with Psoriasis too? Any comments would be great, cheers....Michael

Hi Michael, on Phill's thread, i mentioned i had good luck with Rremicade and Methotrexate ( Mtx) for my pustular psoriasis.

The Mtx can take almost 3 months to start working. I'm one of the lucky ones, no problems from Mtx, been on it 17 yrs, except for my 3 month absense last year. I was on Remicade when they pulled me off my Mtx

Then i experienced the worst pain i ever have had, and had to wait for the mtx to start working again. ..Hopefully, it will start kicking in, 6 weeks on Mtx?....Hopefully in a month at the most, you will see an improvement.

Maybe your rheummy could prescribe some short term prednisone, low dose, till Mtx kicks in?

Take care!...hope it gets better

Thanks, great info, I really appreciate it...thanks for taking the time...have a great weekend---Michael

tkrlady said:

Hi Michael, on Phill's thread, i mentioned i had good luck with Rremicade and Methotrexate ( Mtx) for my pustular psoriasis.

The Mtx can take almost 3 months to start working. I'm one of the lucky ones, no problems from Mtx, been on it 17 yrs, except for my 3 month absense last year. I was on Remicade when they pulled me off my Mtx

Then i experienced the worst pain i ever have had, and had to wait for the mtx to start working again. ..Hopefully, it will start kicking in, 6 weeks on Mtx?....Hopefully in a month at the most, you will see an improvement.

Maybe your rheummy could prescribe some short term prednisone, low dose, till Mtx kicks in?

Take care!...hope it gets better