Make Me Laugh

Our oldest grandson is preparing to go off to college. He received graduation gifts and one was from my very dear friend, Karen. She called us and could not contain her laughter. She had received a thank-you card from him that said, "Thank you for the nice check. I'm sure it will be of use to me at college. On the other hand, maybe I will just frame it so I will always know I am not really totally broke! "

Same family, two stories, different grandson who is 4 years old... My daughter calls the other day to tell me about her day. This child is a handful and had been naughty most of the day. Finally, while putting him in the car after trying to shop, they were at odds again. Driving down the road, he said, "I'm just going to find another family to live with..." My daughter stopped the car, opened the door and undid his car seat and told him to get out... Meanwhile he is screaming, "no Mommy, no... I'll be good".... I could not believe she was calling his bluff and was laughing so hard I could hardly hold the phone. This child is such a handful.

When he was about 2, my daughter was not paying enough attention to the kids, when my granddaughter walked by the pantry. She said, "Oh Caleb!" and my daughter thought he was into the food. A few minutes later, my granddaughter walked by again and said, "OH CALEB!!!" My daughter got up to check on him to find that he had opened a bottle of oil and was slip and sliding through it on his tummy on the tile floor. She never could get the oil out of his clothes or the towels she had to use to clean up the mess. Hope these made you laugh!

Oh my heavens! Those are all great stories, I laughed so hard the dog even looked concerned.

I was in teaching a nursing class and had some new to the north folks. When we started discussing all the official languages of the NWT one RN was so excited to show off her grasp of Innuktituk. So she proceeds to rattle off what she thought was " what a beautiful Coat!" Meanwhile those of us who have been around or the two people who actually speak it as a mother tongue; gasped out loud and even had tears running down our faces. What she had actually said was; " Stop, what a beautiful shit!" It broke the ice for all the new people and she was very glad she had said that to us and not to an elder.

Not sure that is as funny as the others but made my afternoon today.

It made my morning, Kirsten! Thanks for the chuckle.

Kirsten said:

Not sure that is as funny as the others but made my afternoon today.

That is so funny!

I love language barrier humor (when done with good intentions).

When I was in high school a kid my friends and I knew wanted to learn some Spanish (my friends and I were all in Spanish, he took German). So we taught him a sentence which meant "Yes, I washed my hair today" (we didn't want to be too mean, just funny). He proudly showed off his Spanish to the Spanish teacher, who burst out laughing. He took it with good humor, just glad we hadn't taught him something really nasty.

I love reading these stories :slight_smile:

LOL have you ever seen the Monty Python phrase book sketch? LOL

Marietta said:

That is so funny!

I love language barrier humor (when done with good intentions).

When I was in high school a kid my friends and I knew wanted to learn some Spanish (my friends and I were all in Spanish, he took German). So we taught him a sentence which meant "Yes, I washed my hair today" (we didn't want to be too mean, just funny). He proudly showed off his Spanish to the Spanish teacher, who burst out laughing. He took it with good humor, just glad we hadn't taught him something really nasty.

my belly laugh for the day..

Jane and Arlene are outside their nursing home, having a drink and a smoke, when it starts to rain.

Jane pulls out a condom, cuts off the end, puts it over her cigarette, and continues smoking.

Arlene: What in the hell is that?

>Jane: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.
>
> Arlene: Where did you get it?

Jane: You can get them at any pharmacy.

The next day, Arlene hobbles herself into the local pharmacy and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a box of condoms.

The pharmacist, obviously embarrassed, looks at her kind of strangely (she is, after all, over 80 years of age), but very delicately asks what brand of condom she prefers.

'Doesn't matter Sonny, as long as it fits on a Camel.'

The pharmacist fainted.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this going! You all are too funny!

Thank you for starting this! You're not as grumpy as you make out ... LOL

You can see from my picture that I'm a nice solid person. Well I have three sons and they each felt they needed to challenge my authority at about the age of 13. I was up to the challenge each time, I don't care if they are close to six foot and I'm 5'5".

When my youngest reached 13 he was just like his older brothers. All mouth and bravo. One day we were sitting at the dinner table and he challenged me to an arm wrestle. Unlike me he is tall and willowy. We take hold of our hands and his mouth is running the whole time, first he started before my husband said go, but that is okay I just held my arm stiff, not letting him move it, but he still kept running him mouth about how I was gonna lose and how I was old and would tire soon. So I decided to end it. I pushed his hand down to the table, but instead of his arm just going down, his whole body went and he did a 360 flip off of his chair to the floor beside the table, there was a moment of shocked silence by everyone, then we all burst out laughing. We still laugh about it...Only his pride got hurt....

Not bad for a PsA patient! Way to go! I am lucky my tall, willowy son only challenges me in wars of wit; so far so good but I tell myself, and him, someday he will win that too! But he always fears my "stink eye" of as we use to say the "hairy eye ball" all mother's are blessed with.

If there were a "like" button, this one would get a thumbs up from me. LOL!

tntlamb said: