Groan

I was complaining about aching hands and feet 2 days ago. Woke up today and could barely move for the pain raging through my whole body. I was freaking out and wondering what I had done.... Enbrel on schedule? check. Vitamins taken? check. Unusual food or activities? no. My husband finally woke up, and when I told him he checked the weather on his phone while laying in bed, and showed me the radar: a MASSIVE storm coming through today, plowing inland from the ocean (I'm in the Seattle area).

Well, that explains it (I've always been very sensitive to weather changes). So I'm taking pain meds today, and being gentle with myself. This is the first major hit I've taken since my double dose of Enbrel started helping. I'm still hoping this will pass once the major stress of the storm is through, and I'll be back to feeling pretty good again. Before the double dose of Enbrel, once I started flaring from the weather change, the flare would drag on and on and take weeks to settle down.

That's interesting. At least you figured out the cause of it, and can be hopeful that it will pass quickly.

Oh, and I LOVE the bunny profile picture. Are those dwarf rabbits?

Same thing happens here. My body cannot stand the damp cold weather we are having here.

Those are my bunnies Strawberry and Blueberry. They are just a mix from the Humane Society, they are pretty big, but not Giants nor Dwarf, sort of middle-large sized average rabbits. Blueberry is slightly more reddish-tan, and Strawberry is slightly more greyish. They came with those cute names! :) They are sisters, and were 11 mo. old when we got them 2 years ago.

Stoney said:

That's interesting. At least you figured out the cause of it, and can be hopeful that it will pass quickly.

Oh, and I LOVE the bunny profile picture. Are those dwarf rabbits?

For me it's not the damp so much as the change in weather (basically, whenever a front comes through, could be turning rainy to sunny....I still hurt). I usually feel it a few days in advance of a change, but I think this time my double Enbrel dose dampened the pre-weather-change-flare, and turned it into one big bomb this morning, with a few aches a few days ago.

Sorry you are feeling it too Rebel mom!

Rebel mom said:

Same thing happens here. My body cannot stand the damp cold weather we are having here.

Those weather changes also affect me. Nothing but storms for the past two months in the land down under. I do find that I need to keep my joints warm in cold weather helps. It is Autumn where I live in Queensland, Australia and the first signs of cooler weather are here and I am not looking forward to the cooler weather to come. Stay warm

Marietta, I'm so sorry you're in pain today. I noticed you posted about noon. Are you feeling any better tonight? Frances

Ok, I read through the string of posts and decided we need to start a commune in a warm weather place . . . where it doesn't rain . . . near the beach . . . where they serve drinks by the sand . . . where there are masseuses on call 24/7 . . . any other ideas?

I always feel better in the afternoon, so I'm holding my breath this evening (it's about 5:45pm) to see how I do later. If the pain is going to get terrible again it starts in about 7pm.

I caught up on all my phone calls with friends / family today, so I got that done! :) Also finished a book. Kept my pain under control with meds and didn't let it get away from me. So good job Me!

Frances said:

Marietta, I'm so sorry you're in pain today. I noticed you posted about noon. Are you feeling any better tonight? Frances

Sometimes I fill like No one hears me at Home, I have to come here. My Wife listens to my every word, But untill you walk the walk its hard to explain how we fill? I have flares and this is when I get away from all, and try and lay down, and quite time and My Meds.