Can I whine?

I have been on Enbrel for almost 3 months. It was helping so much. Then we got this cool front (in Texas freezing is cold) My thumb knucles are swollen and my back, knee and hips hurt so much. I am not sleeping and feel lousy. Do I just wait until I go back to the Rhemy in 3 weeks or do I call? I really do not want to have to go see him until next month.

I HURT!!!

Call..................

Do call your Doctor. There may be a simple adjustment that helps. I am sending you hugs and prayers.

Three weeks is a long time. I know you said that your doctor is far. . . Hopefully he is willing to work with you over the phone until your next appointment.

A distance like that would never work for my doctor. She insists on seeing me every time. It finally clicked with me that it isn't because she cares so much, it's because she doesn't get paid for time on the phone.

I'd give a call. My rheumy gets really busy this time of year as all his patients feel terrible and need to be seen more frequently. You should have pain meds for breakthrough pain. Pain management is woefully inadequate for many chronic painful conditions like PsA. It can also be helpful to have prednisone to take a small dose when something like this hits. Or it might be a signal to change meds. Who knows! :) Just best to give a call. Best wishes.

I am seriously affected by changes in barometric pressure, and today was cloudy and became brilliantly clear and sunny, and I hurt terribly. In a few days a rainy system is coming back, so I hurt because of THAT too. Ugh. I'm resting a lot, taking painkillers, NSAID's, and telling myself this too shall pass!

I took prednisone last week for URI. Maybe that is why I am feeling the pain more this week than before. I will call Monday. I know ANY change in the weather hurts even when it is 100 degrees outside. Thank you so much.

Marietta said:

I'd give a call. My rheumy gets really busy this time of year as all his patients feel terrible and need to be seen more frequently. You should have pain meds for breakthrough pain. Pain management is woefully inadequate for many chronic painful conditions like PsA. It can also be helpful to have prednisone to take a small dose when something like this hits. Or it might be a signal to change meds. Who knows! :) Just best to give a call. Best wishes.

I am seriously affected by changes in barometric pressure, and today was cloudy and became brilliantly clear and sunny, and I hurt terribly. In a few days a rainy system is coming back, so I hurt because of THAT too. Ugh. I'm resting a lot, taking painkillers, NSAID's, and telling myself this too shall pass!

He is about an hour away. On week days he only has morning and early afternnon. By the time I get off work and drive down to Dallas it is closeto 2 to 3 PM. So then I am driving home in rush hour traffic. I do not like to drive when I am hurting. I wil give him a call Monday. He will want to see me. Every time I call that is what happens. But I LOVE this doctor.

Stoney said:

Three weeks is a long time. I know you said that your doctor is far. . . Hopefully he is willing to work with you over the phone until your next appointment.

A distance like that would never work for my doctor. She insists on seeing me every time. It finally clicked with me that it isn't because she cares so much, it's because she doesn't get paid for time on the phone.

Thank you for listening. I will try to call Monday,

michael in vermont said:

Do call your Doctor. There may be a simple adjustment that helps. I am sending you hugs and prayers.

I will try calling on Monday if I am still hurting.

Thanks for listening.
tntlamb said:

Call..................

Definitely call…you need some help so don’t wait, three weeks can seem an eternity when the pain is bad…good luck, hope you get some relief soon x