Look Who's Home

As many of you know, I live on the side of a mountain with wilderness area right behind me (roighly 80 miles to a road) so I have many forrest friends. But the most exciting day of the year is the day when our humming birds arrive home from Mexico. Wonder if they ever get Arthritis.

Hey, I think I saw that guy flitting around in my apricot tree a week or two ago! He must have been on his way to your house. They're such incredible tiny powerhouses.

Ours haven't arrived yet. I love those little babies...so fun to watch. Thanks for sharing a great photo.

Oh Wow! See now, this is when I get really jealous living in the UK. I love our natural wildlife but having something so exotic coming to visit has me green with envy :slight_smile: lovely pic x

Lovely. I am a birdwatcher, too, and there is nothing I like better than the return of migrants in the spring. It's like a promise fulfilled.

We have two feeders out and fill them daily! Love them!

Oh wow,look at all those visitors,the most we get at one time is 4! What a great pic!

I had some video as well, unfortunately I deleted it :-( This was after we first put up the feeders! The flowers are starting to bloom now so they are wandering more but there are a lot this year! This was just the back yard feeder, the front was busy as well! They are amazing little birds :-) Sometimes its nerve racking to get out side and Cali our lab is afraid of them!
Lindseylou said:

Oh wow,look at all those visitors,the most we get at one time is 4! What a great pic!

They are so much fun to watch. Here in So Calif we have two species that stay all year but when the migrating ones come it is a wild time at the feeders.