I've fallen and I can't get up!

Yay for dose 1 of Enbrel! Yeah - do let it warm up a bit more before injecting. My husband couldn't be in the room with me when I self-injected, so my then-4 year old helped me out. She watched the video on how to do it and counted to 10 for me!

I'm so hoping this is it for you and you get the relief you deserve!!!

Thoughts and prayers for your healing Stoney!

My kids would probably gleefully keep track of time for me. And be WAY too close, especially my 7 year old. I'm definitely ready for some relief.

nym said:

Yay for dose 1 of Enbrel! Yeah - do let it warm up a bit more before injecting. My husband couldn't be in the room with me when I self-injected, so my then-4 year old helped me out. She watched the video on how to do it and counted to 10 for me!

I'm so hoping this is it for you and you get the relief you deserve!!!

WOW am I behind! (Been off site for a bit) So sorry about your fall.....hope you are mending well! Have you started the Embrel yet?

Mending slowly, but thanks for asking. I’ll take my second dose of enbrel tomorrow. And this time I’ll leave it out long enough first.

I wound up having an MRI last week for my foot, as it's just not healing as fast as it should. So it wound up being a bone contusion (bone bruise) in the distal cuboid.

Not surprisingly, there were also some "likely" degenerative changes present in the foot as a whole, "scattered cystic foci" seen in the proximal cuboid, middle cuneiform, base of the third, fourth and fifth metatarsals.

The good news is that are no concerns about instability associated with my fall. The bad news is that it will definitely be a while longer to recovery, 8-12 weeks likely.

Ugh! Like you don't have enough to deal with. Now you have a foot injury. Sorry you have to deal with this Stoney !

Stoney said:

I wound up having an MRI last week for my foot, as it's just not healing as fast as it should. So it wound up being a bone contusion (bone bruise) in the distal cuboid.

Not surprisingly, there were also some "likely" degenerative changes present in the foot as a whole, "scattered cystic foci" seen in the proximal cuboid, middle cuneiform, base of the third, fourth and fifth metatarsals.

The good news is that are no concerns about instability associated with my fall. The bad news is that it will definitely be a while longer to recovery, 8-12 weeks likely.

Thanks Frances.

Are they going to let you out of the boot, or are you going to have to deal with issues from that (back) too?

No boot. Just an ankle sleeve. I'm still using a cane though, as it keeps some of the weight off that foot. The ortho said it will just take time. 8-12 weeks, and the injury was just 4 weeks ago.

tntlamb said:

Are they going to let you out of the boot, or are you going to have to deal with issues from that (back) too?

Was it Jane Curtin or Rosanna Anna Danna that did that skit for Saturday Night Live? Not so funny like it was when I was a teenager!

It was Gilda Radner. She was a genius.

Stoney, oh my. I can hurt soooo bad, right ? I fell ( twice) last Spring and badly sprained the same ankle within 8 weeks. I didn't break anything but I damaged soft tissue. I hope you will feel better soon.