Weird flare

Thought I broke my foot again. Went to my primary dr. who ordered x-rays. No fracture. Went to podiatrist, and he told me it's probably a PsA issue. The joint is so swollen and full of water on top of my foot. I got yet another cortisone shot in my foot. I'm literally on crutches, unable to walk due to this sudden pain! Crutches in a tri-level home. So fun. I thought I was going to get BETTER...I will see him again in 2 weeks if still painful and he'll do another x-ray as he says they take 2 weeks to show up on film. Support accepted....

Hugs!!!!! I've had similar issues. I have canes, forearm crutches, and a wheelchair due to the numerous ways PsA expresses itself in my body! It's frustrating when you're getting better and something like this happens!

(((Michelle))) Not fun when your body finds a new way to wreak havoc. As Nym said, having a variety of assistive devices around helps! I have a drawer full of various splints, supports, etc, my trusty cane when I need it, and more. Plus rubs (I recently tried Tiger Balm, the original, it helps). There are some numbing creams to put on painful areas (many contain salicylate, aspirin, so I can’t take them). It is possible to drain the fluid off a very swollent joint, that might provide some relief. Your doc should have given you pain meds to cope too.

Ugh, I am so sorry. Feet can be THE WORST! Hang in there and pamper yourself with some cushions and a favorite activity.

Nym and Marietta, thanks for the support. Great suggestions too. The joint is really small between the 4th metatarsal or long foot bone and the toe. Not able to drain fluid, but the shot has helped a moderate amount. So far, no crutches today. Like you, Marietta, I have a closet with slings, braces for various parts, etc. We've added on with various family members having injuries. (I have teenage boys and they're both athletic). Today I will focus on gratefulness and take it easy. I've been struggling to hang in there and work, but my hours keep getting cut back. I opted to take a short term disability leave rather than keep punishing myself. Work is not happy, as I am always saying yes to last minute assignments, having a cheerful attitude. I'm not going back until this pain is better. Maybe I can actually get this place in some order and take time out for me.