Is DLA available for people with PA

Hi all just wondering if any one can advise me, I'm 37 a self employed body piercer, although I am enjoying my job some days I can't seem to get out of bed and was wondering if people with PA can claim disability living allowance as I am having to take a lot of time off work due to unbearable pain and lack of sleep, I'm not on PA medication at the moment as I am awaiting MRI and ultra sound results but I am on liquid morphine and take it four times a day, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks x

Oh jojo, where have you been all this time? I checked your profile to see where your home is, because disability allowances differ so much from country to country. I see you’re in the UK, and you were diagnosed nearly two years ago.
Bring us up to speed here, what happened to methotrexate? Have you got much worse very suddenly, necessitating the MRIs etc? Changed rheumatologists? And why morphine … oh dear, you must be in some pain! (And to be honest, I’m glad you’ve taken some time off from your work while you are taking that … ouch!) But I’m a bit surprised that you’re not on a bit of prednisone to help as well.
As for living allowance, there may be some UK members who can help you out on that one.
How about introducing yourself on the New Members Check In, in the Discussion area? Support and friendship come more easily when we’ve got to know each other.
Hoping things get better for you soon!

A couple of things here, jojo:

Posting a Discussion gets more response than posting a Blog. You might want to re-post this in Discussions.

As far as I can tell, DLA is discontinued, but there is a new program called PIP:
https://www.gov.uk/dla-disability-living-allowance-benefit/what-youll-get

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi Seenie & Sybil I recently changed my rheumatologist as I went back to work and the hospital is literally two mins away from where I work, which makes it a bit easier for me lol shorter walking distance ha ha, it's taken me ages to get to see the new rheumatologist but I'm not complaining as soon as I saw her for the first time she checked me over completely and sent me for various test just to see what stage I'm at right now, I have recently had hand & feet xray's, chest & pelvis and an MRI as I am suffering a lot of pain in my lower back and hips, today I am going for ultra sounds on my hands and feet, all in all I cant complain about the level of care I'm receiving.

I was on methotrexate when I was first diagnosed but unfortunately this really left me feeling really poorly it was working great on my psoriasis but wasn't doing anything for the pain, I was taking it once a week as prescribed but for four days after I was sick dizzy and basically like a walking zombie which with work was no good for me, at one point I was taking 137 tablets a week so neither wonder I was dizzy, I have tried every pain killer available and none of them worked for me finally the doctor suggested Liquid morphine which is great for the pain and so far I haven't had any adverse side affects, so this is where I'm at up to now my biggest problem other than the pain is lack of sleep, I seem to only be able to get 1-2 hours sleep a night as I cant seem to get comfortable, my rheumatologist is also going to refer me to ocuppational therapy and the physiotherapist so hopefully things will improve, thanks for listening to me rant on but most people don't understand the severe pain I'm in and just think its me being lazy, as some days I struggle to even get out of bed, I guess I'm lucky as I have three very supportive daughters who help me out a lot and understand when mam is having a bad day I can't do a lot :-)