Inverse psoriasis

I had to miss a cimzia injection due to infection, I’m back on schedule now but have gotten a severe flair of inverse psoriasis. My pain level is a constant 8 and spikes to 10 when it’s touched in anyway. I’ve tried a couple of things but no success. I would have to go to the local dermatologist for a rx. He’s the only one and he’s creepy. My Rhuemy doesn’t do skin only joints. Does anone have any ideas. What works?

Hi julie57, I too get inverse psoriasis, although not too bad… have you got an anti-fungal cream at home, that might help a little (inverse is prone to getting fungal infections in it)… or if you ask your local chemist/pharmacist they might have something you get over the counter to put on it…

Hopefully someone else on here might have better suggestions. I will be watching with interest.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion I think we may have a tube around. You never know what’s next with this disease. On my 4th biologic. Just when you think all is right something else pops up.

1 Like

Ahh yep, soo true :frowning_face: I’m still in the early stages (as least as far as diagnosis and treatment goes)… still hanging on to hope of some good meds to bash it into submission haha
Best of luck with anti-fungal… it might not fix it all but should have some benefit if a fungal infection has found it’s way into it (very common apparently), the doc gave me something called “MiCreme H”, a combination of anti-fungal and hydrocotisone… I’ve found it really good, not sure if you can get it over the counter, your pharmacist would be the one to ask.

1 Like

Well, I found a tube of nyacin and a tube of triamcinolone and I mixed the two together. I dabbed the area as best as possible and applied. I’ll let you know if it worked. Both are rx that were prescribed to me in the past for other reasons. But, if it works at least you’ll know what to ask for.

A little bit of time may help, a sudden flare of P taking your biologic (especially after a missed dose) seems to be the norm at least for me…

Just a quick note: I don’t know anything about triamcinolone, but do know that the “inverse” sites can be in very sensitive skin areas, and not all creams are advised for those areas… so if you start to find any issues from the mix of creams try using just the nyacin. Best of luck, inverse can be very uncomfortable (to say the least)… and yep, please let us know it goes!!

Actually it’s doing better. Not as painful (was in tears). I will shower again this evening and apply again.

1 Like

Awesome!!! Here’s hoping it clears it up quickly for you!!!