Next stop Cimzia

In the last 16 months I've been on three biologics with no result. Stelera, Simponi and Otezla. My psoriatic arthritis symptoms have escalated fast. It used to be my right knee was swollen and my left hip hurt.

Now I usually battle the same joint, both sides at the same time.

It's been my hands the past three weeks. The inside of my hands burn and sting, it feels like the bones are breaking with use, I have zero strength, I can't lift, turn or zip. I struggle with my bathroom duties as well as shampooing my hair. I have tried RX pain patches, wrist braces, Epsom hot water soaks, cold compress, Tramadol when I can tolerate it, mostly RX ibuprofen, and mostly taking care not to use my hands much at all. I have a voice recognition program I use for my laptop, so I can talk and the computer types, pretty cool, but also pretty frustrating as it learns my language.

I meet w/ new rheum tomorrow. I am desperate for him to see me, I mean REALLY see me, listen to me, hear me out. Address the pain, consider Cimzia as the next med to try.

I've been on Humira, Enbrel, Remicade, years of methotrexate and prednisone *can no longer use the two latter.*

Thanks for letting me spill my guts. I'll post what the next step is when I know. Appreciate prayers, good energy!

Hi lankyloo. I have had to try many bios too. I was diagnosed in 20008 but probably had psa since infancy. I am on my sixth bio, stelara. It is working better for me than any of the others so far. I do still have problems with damage that was all ready done but have not had any joint replacements. I hope your new rheumy can help you find some answers. I would ask him/her for a hand consult also. It sounds to me like you might have more than one thing going on there. If you have some carpal tunnel or other thing in there they may be able to offer you some quicker relief than waiting for bios to kick in. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Been on for about 4 ish months And worked well for my back and a bit on the hands. However, I am one lucky people who get psoriasis flares with anti TNFs, so I am stoping…