Starting Cimzia

Finally got approval from insurance to start Cimzia!
Remicade stopped helping, and my veins stopped flowing as soon as I got in the recliner she got out the infusion, poof, disappearing veins!
Anyone have luck with Cimzia? It is supposed to be good for treating enthesitis, which is the main manifestation of PsA. I am also up to .8ml of MTX, I don’t know how many mg that is?

2 Likes

I’ve heard it can be great. And some members are on it and I’m sure they’ll pop in shortly. Really hope this one works for you Jon.

Best of luck x

2 Likes

Thanks, kind of the last biologic on the list, though there is still Humira, my previous Rheumy felt it was real similar to Stelara, so I skipped it.
BTW Having another elbow surgery tomorrow afternoon, this will be my 4th, nurse said my last meal could be 4am, so going to pig-out…

1 Like

Great! A new biologic sounds like good news. Much as I gripe, am still using 10 ml (?) of Mtx every Monday, and together w cosentyx and no gluten grains or carbs am up and about more or less at the mo, so am glad you also are using food combos together with meds - things might look up v v soon? All the best and waiting for your news.

TX injections have had very little side effects with me, supposed to help with preventing antibodies to biologics.
In Pre surgery, getting ready for my elbow transposition surgery…

1 Like

Cimzia is great for me Jon - as I recall it worked from the beginning, but did seem to take a couple of months to get to full effect (I’d been off everything for 5 or 6 weeks due to an ongoing infection).

I generally have more enthesitis, and it seems pretty good for that. My improvement on it was huge, hope yours is too.

3 Likes

I have been on Cimzia for 3 years and it has worked the best out of any drug I`ve been on. Even felt cured for a short while! Praying you get same results, I know we are all different…

1 Like