Baffled

I was diagnosed over 3 years ago and have gotten used to my symptoms. Currently I am not on any medication while waiting on Cimzia to get out of my body so I can get Remicade infusions. All has been quiet until 2 days ago when my scalp started itching like crazy. Red bumps appeared all over my head that went from itchy to painful just like on my palms and the soles of my feet. I have never had any problems on my scalp. Is it possible that after several years I can start having outbreaks in a completely new area? Has anyone experienced this?

Any help would be appreciated. I have limited funds right now and do not want to go on a doctors visit unless I absolutely have to.

Is that pustular psoriasis? There's no reason why you couldn't have an outbreak now, as the medication is clearing out of your system.

Hi

Yes it is pustular psoriasis. I have never had any outbreaks on my head and I guess the large amount of them is worrying me. I was thinking hands and feet only I suppose and wondered if totally new outbreaks had happened to anyone else after years of having the disease.

I used to ONLY get psoriasis on my scalp but with recent medicine changes I also got it on my upper arms and the palms of my hands. Luckily it eased up and abated. I don’t doubt it’s possible! Good luck!

Discontinuing a bio can trigger all sorts of things, new psoriasis outbreaks can be one of those things. However uncomfortable, it isn't uncommon. It should clear pretty quickly when you start Remicade.

I echo what Grumpy said. Going off meds always triggers new patches of psoriasis for me.

Thank you all. I guess I am still rather ignorant on this disease. Among other things I also have Caudal Regression Syndrome and received a spinal steroid injection last week. My pain management doctor said the injection should have helped the flare not caused it but I am not so sure. I am looking forward to Remicade though my co-pay is huge. I have heard there are grants available to help. I will be checking that out.

Thanks again everyone. This forum has been a great source of comfort to me :)

You will have to excuse me when I say your pain management Doctor is of questionable knowledge (that's the kinder gentler me not saying he is complete idiot) ALMOST always steroids will cause a flare in psoriasis when they cease even as a single injection

Is your sacral agenesis genetic or a result of the arthritis?? Thats a lot of pain to deal with either way. I'm truly sorry. There will be better days. Even if genetic effective PsA treatment will help.................

Your rheumatologist should be able to help you locate the prescription assistance program for Remicaide. The process is simple for these programs and the reduction in copay is dramatic if you qualify. You can also look them up online. They are typically on the drug's homepage. Oh, and while I don't know as much as lamb on the medical front, even I raised my eyebrows when your pain management doc didn't think about the reaction of a steroid on your other symptoms. Going off a biologic usually=flare. Going off steroids usually=flare. That your doctor just said it should have helped...speechless

The program is called Remistart. If your doc doesn't have the information (they should), you can go directly to the Remicade site and follow the directions there.

http://www.remicade.com/crohns-disease/patient-support?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand+-+Exact&utm_term=remicade%20assistance&utm_content=Branded+-+Patient+Assistance|mkwid|slS4G05i8_dc|pcrid|33705343088

Whaaaaaat? Any kind of trauma (injection=trauma) can cause a flare. Jeez. Oh the things our docs say sometimes!

Melinda said:

Thank you all. I guess I am still rather ignorant on this disease. Among other things I also have Caudal Regression Syndrome and received a spinal steroid injection last week. My pain management doctor said the injection should have helped the flare not caused it but I am not so sure. I am looking forward to Remicade though my co-pay is huge. I have heard there are grants available to help. I will be checking that out.

Thanks again everyone. This forum has been a great source of comfort to me :)

Thank you for that information!. I am so glad you guys are here. My doctors are trying to help but sometimes I think they are a little lost when it come to PsA unless they are a rheumatologist.

GrumpyCat said:

The program is called Remistart. If your doc doesn't have the information (they should), you can go directly to the Remicade site and follow the directions there.

http://www.remicade.com/crohns-disease/patient-support?utm_source=g...|mkwid|slS4G05i8_dc|pcrid|33705343088

It is genetic. I am hoping the Remicade will help. So far nothing has helped for more than a few months :)
tntlamb said:

You will have to excuse me when I say your pain management Doctor is of questionable knowledge (that's the kinder gentler me not saying he is complete idiot) ALMOST always steroids will cause a flare in psoriasis when they cease even as a single injection

Is your sacral agenesis genetic or a result of the arthritis?? Thats a lot of pain to deal with either way. I'm truly sorry. There will be better days. Even if genetic effective PsA treatment will help.................