Inverse psoriasis under breasts? Anyone with knowledge of it?

Hi Amber,'

That's a good suggestion - one that I hadn't even considered. Mine are cotton but maybe I do need to chuck them and try new ones instead.

BTW, what is underarmor with moisture control stuff? It sounds like something I'd be interested in if I knew what it was!

Thanks for the suggestions. SOMETHING has to work!

If you can dry your bras in sunshine it will kill all fungi and yeast and save you some money!

Under armor is a brand of sport clothing it can get expensive but they have some stuff that is moisture control, sports bras too. It’s for athletes and they have a lot of clothing. Most sport stores like sports authority, dicks sporting goods sell it. You can get online too. I hope this helps.

Petunia Girl said:

Hi Amber,'

That’s a good suggestion - one that I hadn’t even considered. Mine are cotton but maybe I do need to chuck them and try new ones instead.

BTW, what is underarmor with moisture control stuff? It sounds like something I’d be interested in if I knew what it was!

Thanks for the suggestions. SOMETHING has to work!

I have had psoriasis since the age of 6… Mostly clear now but PA has taken over,
I had a similar situation with break out under the breast area… I am sure it was the material the bra was made of and combination of the sweat… Use all cotton and wash undergarments with detergents that are clear of perfumes. I used a medication called Coblex spray and it cleared within a week.

Hi Aline,

Thanks for your input! I'm currently using cotton bras that are freshly laundered with detergents that are clear of perfumes. Am also keeping the area free of sweat, as much as possible and am using some athlete's foot cream and powder given to me by the doctor. Rash is improving while I don't wear the bra...I guess it's probably a yeast infection, since the cream helps but the bra keeps causing flare ups. I think I'll have to buy all new ones. Maybe in a larger size. Very frustrating but I'm so very touched that you and so many others have weighed in with suggestions of help. Thanks to every single one of you!

Laundry detergent FWIW will not kill mold mildew etc. (ie yeast)....... In fact its almost like fertlizer.

I had this this summer. It seems to be worse in the heat. It is gone now after using some topical steroid cream and alternating bras with different contact points. I would wear an athletic type with a wider, non wired band that did not have direct contact with that area. Hope this helps.

Hi. This is my first official comment since joining. I was curious about your complaint, because I was reminded of various rashes I have had, particularly in the area of the groin - hot, confined and sweaty - as you describe conditions under your bra. I would think that you have develped a common or garden rash, and nothing more upsetting than that. I suspect that because we have psoriasis, (and I had acne, too, when I was younger, and still get occassional boils) our skin is more easily irritated. I would suggest you try two things: at night before sleep apply a plain over-the counter polysporin-type of cream, with an anti-itch component and for daytime, apply talcum/baby powder, with no added scent and reapply as the day goes by. Also, try washing with Cetaphil ''soap'' if you can find it. it is very, very pure and non-irritating. I hope this will help. Now, if I'm just saying things that are useless and/or plain stupid, I apologise. But, from my issues ''down below'' I have used this technique to great effect, so I hope you'll find relief, too.

Oh? What do you use for washing purposes? I'm starting to feel that I'll never beat this rash and don't even know how to, at this point.

tntlamb said:

Laundry detergent FWIW will not kill mold mildew etc. (ie yeast)....... In fact its almost like fertlizer.

Yes, it does. I'm going to get some sports bras that don't touch the area - hopefully. And pray that I can get rid of it, once and for all. Did you have psoriasis or yeast infection, btw, Dee?

Thank you for the good suggestion. I'll follow it.

DMaraJade said:

I had this this summer. It seems to be worse in the heat. It is gone now after using some topical steroid cream and alternating bras with different contact points. I would wear an athletic type with a wider, non wired band that did not have direct contact with that area. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. I have that type of cream so will try it tonight, but where do you get the Cetaphil soap? I'm ready to get to it right away. Again, thanks for your suggestions. And welcome to the forum. I hope you post again and find the people here helpful and supportive.

Oops. just saw that you don't know where to get the soap. Where did you get yours? That might help me for a starting point.

Mr. Crunchy said:

Hi. This is my first official comment since joining. I was curious about your complaint, because I was reminded of various rashes I have had, particularly in the area of the groin - hot, confined and sweaty - as you describe conditions under your bra. I would think that you have develped a common or garden rash, and nothing more upsetting than that. I suspect that because we have psoriasis, (and I had acne, too, when I was younger, and still get occassional boils) our skin is more easily irritated. I would suggest you try two things: at night before sleep apply a plain over-the counter polysporin-type of cream, with an anti-itch component and for daytime, apply talcum/baby powder, with no added scent and reapply as the day goes by. Also, try washing with Cetaphil ''soap'' if you can find it. it is very, very pure and non-irritating. I hope this will help. Now, if I'm just saying things that are useless and/or plain stupid, I apologise. But, from my issues ''down below'' I have used this technique to great effect, so I hope you'll find relief, too.

Hi Petunia!

You should be able to get Cetaphil from any drug store--CVS and Walgreens both sell it. Look in the same area of the store where you found the Cerave'. I think I've seen Cetaphil at WalMart in the skin care section of the cosmetics.

Mine was wet.

Petunia Girl said:

Well, I broke out AGAIN when I wore a clean, cotton bra, despite keeping the area very dry and using the medicated powder. Went to the doctor, who said she didn't think it was inverse psoriasis because my rash looked wet and inverse psoriasis looks dry. I thought inverse poriasis looked wet too??? At any rate, she gave me a cream version of the powder, only stronger. It's helping but I'm wondering if putting on the bra will cause the same result.

Can any of you let me know if your inverse psoriasis is wet or dry? I thought I saw an answer here that said wet. The reason it makes a difference as to whether or not I have inverse psoriasis is because I have awful pain in my back and SI joint (temporarily improved due to cauterization) and I need to know if it's "just" osteo arthritis or PsA. So thanks for anything you can add!

I really think it was Ps, but that's my own opinion as I did not go to a dermatologist. It was wet when covered, but that could have been from sweat, although it would take longer than the surrounding skin to dry out if left exposed. The reason I believe it was Ps was that cortisone cream or ointment would have helped the itch of a yeast infection, but it would not have diminished its appearance. Cortisone cream, and keeping the area dry helped me to get rid of it fairly quickly. In addition, I am back in the same bras and it hasn't returned. I think with yeast, this would have made it return. Anyway, I hope you figure it out and get rid of it soon.

Petunia Girl said:

Yes, it does. I'm going to get some sports bras that don't touch the area - hopefully. And pray that I can get rid of it, once and for all. Did you have psoriasis or yeast infection, btw, Dee?

DMaraJade said:

Thank you, Dee. That's helped me quite a bit. Sounds like mine is yeast. Maybe I'll just have to toss the bras or even keep go braless until it's FINALLY gone for good. At any rate, I'm glad you were able to get yours under control. Not that P is pleasant to get anywhere, but that's a right nasty spot, since it apparently hurtsburns rather than itches as inverse P (mine too.) Maybe this weirdoid weather has kept the yeast alive due to too much sweat, tho I've tried to deal with that.

Lamb, I'm still hoping to hear your solutions to washing without laundry detergent, so I can find a better means of killing that danged yeast!

DMaraJade said:

I really think it was Ps, but that's my own opinion as I did not go to a dermatologist. It was wet when covered, but that could have been from sweat, although it would take longer than the surrounding skin to dry out if left exposed. The reason I believe it was Ps was that cortisone cream or ointment would have helped the itch of a yeast infection, but it would not have diminished its appearance. Cortisone cream, and keeping the area dry helped me to get rid of it fairly quickly. In addition, I am back in the same bras and it hasn't returned. I think with yeast, this would have made it return. Anyway, I hope you figure it out and get rid of it soon.

Petunia Girl said:

DMaraJade said:

Hot water on the garment should kill yeast. I know someone who used to microwave their cotton underwear after suffering from vaginal yeast infection. I don't know if I'd do this with a bra though, particularly the underwire sort. Perhaps you can save your bras by doing the hot water wash. I've seen suggestions of washing with vinegar too.